Episode 47

I'm sitting on Linc's lap in his office chair. He's reading countless emails while I attempt to subtly distract him in ways that won't be visible to Luke on the cameras.

I wiggle against him and he growls.

"Stop it, Jo," his voice is hoarse and low. I know his resolve is starting to weaken. I moved to his lap about twenty minutes ago from my chair across the room. Honestly, I'm surprised he's lasted this long.

In the weeks since the seer came, we've spent most of every day wrapped up in each other. Today is the first day that he's tried to really focus on his duties for more than half an hour.

"Play with me," I whisper and I feel him hardening further beneath me.

He lets out a breath then a quiet laugh before leaning forward and kissing my neck. I can't help the victorious smirk that spreads over my mouth.

"Ok, you have my attention, what do you want?" He moves my hair over to one shoulder, giving him open access to my mark.

"Isn't it obvious?" I grind down against him again.

I giggle as he hisses a low "fuck."

Just as he snakes his arm around my body, pressing his hand against the front of my pants a loud banging knock at the door interrupts.

He sighs, frustrated, as he adjusts himself below me.

"Come in," he growls.

The door flies open revealing a frazzled-looking Luke.

"Linc, I have a secure line phone call that you need to take, now!"

The room suddenly feels very serious.

"Speaker, set it up," his all-business-Alpha voice booms through the room.

Luke quickly types a code into the computer, tapping impatiently on the desk as the screen loads.

"Press this button when you're ready," he gestures before stepping back.

"This is Lincoln, we're on a secure line, who am I speaking with?"

"Alpha King Lincoln, thank you for taking my call. This is General Paul Martin, we met at the last cooperative council."

"I remember you, General."

A human? I know that Lincoln is very active in interspecies relations but it still surprises me to have a human calling him directly.

"Your Majesty, what I'm about to tell you is incredibly delicate, our own kingdom hasn't even been told of this news yet..."

"I understand."

The man clears his throat, "King Miles is dead, Sir. He was found murdered this morning in the castle."

Lincoln's body tenses but his voice is completely calm, "What do you need from me? How can we help?"

"The princess is missing, we went to inform her of the tragedy and she wasn't in her quarters. From the looks of it, she left in a hurry."

"Do you suspect her?"

"Yes, Alpha, we do. The Queen wants this kept as quiet as possible. She knows her late husband would not have wanted his daughter to be the subject of such scrutiny. She has been unwell this past year."

"Unwell how?"

"Since the King and Queen married last year she's been hostile and aggressive, generally lashing out toward her stepmother. The girl is...troubled. We don't want to raise suspicion by sending our own guard."