Episode 45

He wraps his arm around my waist and moves us so that I'm lying beneath him on the ground. He never lets his lips leave mine, I can feel his intensity but the kiss isn't frantic, it's soft.

His fingers brush over my skin, tenderly caressing me. This slow, calm assault was not what I was expecting. I feel hot everywhere like my skin is on fire. The thought of him taking his time after weeks of almost no physical contact makes me groan. I don't want slow and loving, I want him to wreck me.

"Lincoln," my voice is embarrassingly breathy and needy.

He hums but doesn't move, holding me trapped beneath his body, peppering slow kisses over my neck.

"I missed you, baby," he whispers against my ear, making me shutter.

"I missed you too, so much."

I can feel him against my stomach, his hardness pressing into me. After several days of minimal contact and almost zero touching, I'm aching for him. He seems too calm. How is he not as desperate as I am?

I grind my hips upward, pressing into him. He inhales a sharp breath. Finally, we're getting somewhere.

When I look up at his eyes they are hooded and dark, the inky black of his wolf pulling to the forefront.

He presses his hips down so slightly that I wouldn't be able to detect it if I wasn't in this hypersensitive state.

"Forgive me, Josephine, for everything but especially for leaving after you asked me to stay. I could hear myself shutting you down but I couldn't stop... I'm sorry."

"I believe you, I can feel it," his regret and guilt flow through our connected hearts.

"I'm desperate for you, but tonight, I'm groveling," he smiles down at me, "I'm going to make it up to you, over and over again."

The whimper that slips from my lips is raw and emotional. Before I can respond he's kissing me with such sweet passion and tenderness that it makes me want to cry.

The frustration I feel is still there below the surface, craving him, but now I feel emotional on top of it. A painful, crushing longing for him, one that I've felt for days on end, pushing forward to the surface.

"Linc," my voice cracks as I wrap my arms around him, holding him to me tightly.

"I'm so sorry, baby, never again."

His strong hands move down my body, grazing over my goose-bump-covered skin. When he gets to my stomach he opens his hand, laying his palm flat against my skin.

His lips move against mine, his tongue massaging and exploring my mouth, while his hand sits motionless. The pressure from him pressed against my lower abdomen, so close to where I want him yet so far away, makes wetness gather between my legs.

"Can I touch you?" His raspy whisper makes my heart pound in my chest.

"P-please," this isn't our first time, far from it, but I'm so nervous. This feels different than before. He's different.

Normally we attack each other, aggressive and feral, like wildfire. Tonight, he's not wild but completely calm.

His hand finally moves, sliding slowly from my stomach down the apex of my thighs. I'm so desperate to feel him there that a painful pulsating has started.

He slides his fingers softly through the wet, aching heat. I watch his eyes flutter closed as he inhaled another sharp breath.

With no warning he presses his thumb to my clit while pushing one of his long fingers into me.