Episode 32

I'm flushed and disheveled as I quickly rinse my body underwater that I don't even have time to allow to heat up. I'm trying to focus on drying off while simultaneously applying lotion but I can't stop thinking about his hands on me.

We've obviously had sex several times now but that felt...different.

He was wild, primal, he needed me the same way I need him, I could feel it. For a moment I thought he was going to mark me and I wanted him to, I wanted him to claim me, to make me his. My wolf is itching for him, to mark him. I want to stop, to stare at the small indentations of his teeth on my shoulder, to study them closely but I can't.

I flip my head upside down and gather all of my hair into a bun, I don't have time for hair, make-up, or the thoughts swirling in my head.

Just as I slip my pants up my legs there is a knock at the door. Damn, four minutes go by quickly.

"Come in," I try to keep my voice even as I slip into a pair of strappy sandals.

When the door opens he pushes it open with one hand while still tucking his shirt in with the other. We both laugh at the sight of the other. This is ridiculous. We're wearing the same color slacks, we've opted for the same hairstyle and we're both still a rushed mess.

"We can't go down there like this! We look too coordinated!"

"It wasn't intentional," he chuckles, "I think it's alright."

"Our hair is the same..."

"We're one of those obnoxious couples I guess."

I freeze midway through my last shirt button. He says it so casually but it nearly stops my heart. He smiles a small, knowing smile and reaches his hand out to me.

"We have to go, Jo."

As we rush through the hallway, then down a flight of stairs, I try to get some information about this dinner.

"Who are we eating with?"

"John Myron, he's a highly respected elder, his beloved, Hillary apparently wanted to host us. I've met them both before, at different events over the years, they are kind if a bit overly talkative."

"So, this dinner is going to take a while?"

He laughs, "yes, but everyone will be there so we shouldn't be on the spot too much, there are plenty of us to focus on."

"What do I call them? I've never met vampire elders before?"

He stops me with one stair left and tilts my head toward his. There is a strange look in his eyes, it's happy but there is something else there, something I can't quite place. He kisses me, it's deep and longing but sweet, somehow. When he pulls back I try to formulate a sentence.

"What was that for..."

I'm cut off by Cam whose loud voice echoes through the stone foyer.

"Finally, I was afraid I was going to have to go over there alone and stall, Vic and Maggie, aren't down yet."

"Sorry, man," Linc pats his shoulder, "I completely forgot about this."

Cam's eyes narrow slightly and he looks back and forth between us.

"You guys look... did you coordinate this twinsie thing you have going on?"

My mouth drops open, "I told you!"

Linc lets out a laugh that momentarily distracts me. He doesn't let go and laugh, really out loud, full on laughter, very often, but when he does it's a beautiful thing to see.