Episode 30

Lincolns POV

If this man doesn't stop talking soon I might walk away in the middle of the conversation. It's ridiculous to be this anxious to see her after only a few hours but I can't stop myself. I've had to actively force myself to listen through this whole counsel. Cam had to kick me under the table several times after someone asked a question and I was staring off into space.

I watch longingly as Vic leaves the room, wishing I could go with him, I know he's going straight to them.

"My beloved would love to host you and your entourage for dinner," the man says, drawing my attention back to him.

"That's very kind of her," I tell him while extending my hand to him, "please, coordinate the details with my Beta, Cameron."

We shake hands and I quickly dismiss myself before someone else has the chance to come to start up a conversation.

I'm the Alpha King and a wolf on vampire property, I know I need to be calm and walk but I'm antsy to get back to her. I awkwardly walk-jog toward the special room that was set up for her to wait in. I can feel the vampire guards anxiety as I try to remain calm and professional while also hurrying.

I can smell her as soon as I reach the building and my wolf relaxes instantly.

Walk.

Walk.

Walk.

I have to remind myself like a child.

The moment I open the door my eyes find her, across the room and outside in the garden. Her eyes meet mine instantly like she was already waiting for me. A slight blush and a shy smile bloom on her face.

"You got away from Lord Myron," Vic laughs but I don't have time to respond. I knew I missed her and that my wolf was anxious to get back to her but now that I'm here, now that I see her, the need has taken on a new level of desperation.

"Hi, Cora, it's good to see you," I ignore Vic completely. I need to get Jo out of here but I don't want to be rude to his sister.

"You too, I was just telling Jo about the crystal caves. You should take her to see them!"

I always knew I liked this girl. She is definitely Vic's little sister but I have never appreciated their slightly pushy approach to relationships more than I do right now. She's observant and wise beyond her years.

I look at Jo who has a knowing smile on her face. When she nods her head, gesturing that she would accept the invitation. I immediately stretch my hand out to her, craving the feeling of her skin against mine.

When her smooth skin slides against mine I relax, finally.

"Do you remember how to get there? I would be happy to take you," Vic starts to stand before Maggie swats at him.

"Leave them alone Victor," she chuckles.

"I'll have the guards give you some room," he wiggles his brows and I feel Jo tense. I don't care enough to respond. I pull her away while Maggie swats at him again.

Once we're out of earshot a small, contented sigh slips past her lips, like she's as relieved as I am to be together once again.

"How was your meeting?" her voice is so soft. I turn to see why and notice that she's eyeing the nearby guards. I'm so used to traveling between kingdoms that I don't even notice guards or protective details anymore.

"They aren't listening," I squeeze her small hand, "it's a lot to get used to but eventually you forget that they're there."

"I don't like being followed around," she's still practically whispering.