Episode 28

"Together?" I can tell he's trying to hide the smile on his face.

"I mean... yeah, together. If you want to... we don't have to rush into anything. We can take our time and keep getting to know each other and..."

I'm nervous and fumbling around with my words. Taking my face in his large hands he brings my face upward gently.

"I think the ship has sailed on taking things slow," his voice is raspy as he steps forward, his hand slipping below the water, moving over my body until he reaches my hip. He squeezes the skin there and I can't help my whimpers.

"Yeah, maybe it has," I can feel him growing hard against my body, pressing himself into my stomach.

We're headed into dangerous territory. I haven't been able to stop myself from thinking of his body over mine, if we aren't careful this could very easily become an addiction.

"We should get inside," his voice is low, sending a shiver down my spine.

We shift and I follow him to shore, his wolf still stops me in my tracks. He's so beautiful. Power radiates from him that draws me like a magnet.

I walk behind him toward a door on the side of the house. I can't be sure, but I think this is where he comes from every night.

We walk up a flight of stairs and he shifts before letting me into a large, beautiful room that looks over the greenhouse. I don't know where to look, the view is as stunning as the room itself.

I shift quickly and look down over the glass roof of the greenhouse, the lush garden easily visible below. I look down at the flowers as he steps behind me, his body pressing lightly against mine, the softness of his naked skin rubbing against me.

I whimper slips past my lips and I bite down to stop another from sneaking out.

"Don't do that," he whispers against the shell of my ear, "I want to hear every whimper and moan."

The growl in his voice makes my knees weak. When he runs his hands down my body, slipping his fingers between my thighs I shudder into him, pressing my head back against his hard chest.

"Fuck" he whispers under his breath before grabbing me and spinning me around in his arms. He connects our mouths and begins to walk me backward until my legs hit his bed. When his body settles over mine I lose all sense of time and consciousness.

_____

My eyes flutter open and I can feel his heart beating beneath my head. His warm chest is pressed to my cheek and his heavy arm is holding me tightly to him.

"I fell asleep?" My voice is groggy and tired. I guess multiple orgasms will do that to a girl.

"For about an hour," I can hear the amusement in his voice, he's proud of himself.

We lay together for several minutes, the silence is comfortable, not strained or uneasy.

"So, we're figuring things out...together," I look up at him like a nervous pre-teen talking to her crush. We got distracted and never finished our conversation.

"Yes, together," his smile grows, letting me know that he knows that I'm embarrassed and he's amused by it.

I nudge his shoulder, "don't tease, I just... this is so weird, right? This isn't how we do things, it's strange..."

"To choose," he finishes my sentence.

"Yeah, to choose."

"I know it's not normal for our kind but, I don't think it's weird. I want you, I choose to get to know you, to spend time with you, to try..."

My heart physically aches in my chest. How is he real? I feel overwhelmed and unsure of a response, I know that anything I can say would be insufficient. Instead of words, I lift my head up and press kisses to his chest.

He hooks his finger beneath my chin and tilts my face up to his, taking over my soft kisses by massaging my mouth with his tongue. There is nothing sweet in this kiss, it's searing and full of emotion.

"I want to do those things too, to choose you, to spend time with you..." I whisper hoarsely against his lips.

"Are you saying you want to be my... girlfriend?" he asks with a stupid smug smile stretching across his mouth still pressed against my own.

"Girlfriend?" I chuckle, "that really is weird... "

"Do you like Luna Queen better?"

I choke, hacking and wheezing as I pull myself out of his arms. Somehow, I manage to forget that he's the Alpha King. He's so... normal.

I try to recover, "I... I didn't say that."

How could he say something like that so casually?

"I know you didn't," he chuckles, "I did."

"Lincoln! You can't just say something like that!"

"Why not?"

He's being purposely annoying. I can hear it in his voice. He knew that saying that would send me into a panic and he's enjoying himself at my expense.

"You really enjoy teasing me, don't you?"

"Yes, I do. You're cute when you blush," my heart flutters as he presses a kiss to my forehead and I know I'm blushing.

I feel his fingers moving through my hair, running through the strands softly.

"Your wolf is beautiful," he says quietly and I can feel her almost purr.

"Thank you, so is yours. I knew who you were before I met you just by looking at him, he's so... regal."

He chuckles, "He is thrilled that you think so."

He moves slightly beneath me and I can sense the tension that wasn't there only a second before, it's like the air in the room has changed.

"Jo?" his voice is quiet and suddenly nervous, "I have to go to the vampire kingdom next week, I have to meet with their elders, it's just a quick overnight counsel but I was wondering... you don't have to, I know travel might make you nervous but, if you wanted to come, I wanted to invite you. I mean.... I would like you to come if you felt comfortable enough..."

My heart burns in my chest at his endearing struggle to find words.

"I would love to go, Linc," I can't hide the smile that takes over my face, making my cheeks ache.

Want more of The Fairytales? Read 5 completed books in this series, plus get access to over 30 adult romance titles on my Patreon (patreon.com/MyrandaRae) !

Updates weekly: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday

--