Chapter 74 - Forgotten Memories

"────"

Sharpened concentration.

Shidou took in a narrowed sigh, even the slightest hint of relaxation would cause the reiryoku flowing in his body to burst beyond the safety line.

In the front was the enemy, Isaac Westcott. Among the surroundings, his dependents, the Nibelcol.

There was no shortage of opponents. Far from it; it was an undoubtedly tricky lineup.

However, there was no time for idleness or frustration, since the Spirits were on the verge of a crisis. As soon as he defeated Westcott, he must rush back to the Spirits as soon as possible.

"Fu....." That was the fuse that ignited Shidou for this battle.

Kicking off the ground with legs strengthened by Gabriel, he rode the wind summoned by Raphael with Sandalphon brandished in his hand.

Concurrent Angel manifestation. Even using one Angel caused unbearable anguish for the human body. To use multiple at the same time was behavior beyond normalcy.

In fact, Shidou was already placing a heavy burden on his body before even being attacked by the enemy. As his muscles screamed, the flames of Camael swept through his bloodstream, forcibly repairing his body.

If he hadn't used Gabriel to dull the pain, the stiffening agony and burning sensation would have driven him mad. With a scream, Shidou swung down Sandalphon.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

The flash of the sword became a tremendous shockwave, extending out straight towards Westcott.

"Fu──"

However, Westcott relaxed his mouth while jumping back to the rear. Opening the jet-black Demon King Book── Beelzebub.

The next moment, several pages fluttered out from Beelzebub to form a layer that weakened the momentum of the sword slash from Sandalphon, leaving only a shallow pit on the ground where Westcott had once stood.

"Hmm. Sure enough, it's a bit disadvantageous to be facing front against an Angel specializing in attacks. Nibelcol."

"Present!"

"Leave it to me, Otou-sama!"

"We will never lose to a person like you, Itsuka Shidou!" In response to Westcott's command, the Nibelcol leaped forward to attack Shidou.

"Zadkiel!" When Shidou shouted the name of Yoshino's Angel, a mountain of spikes rose from the ground, piercing the Nibelcol through the chests. Although Shidou felt a bit bad, they were immortal beings that would keep coming back. Shidou couldn't seal the Nibelcol like Lucas did, so killing them was the only option.

However, just at this very moment, even more Nibelcol appeared, charging at him with rapid speed.

One by one, they launched the pieces of paper transformed by Beelzebub---Page into sharpened edges onto Shidou.

"Ku──! Damn it......!" Shidou barely avoided the attacks through the obstructive walls formed by Zadkiel.

Not only is Lucas not here to seal the Nibelcol, but their movements under Westcott's commands were miles apart from their former actions.

It was the feeling that the group, which relied solely on its quantitative advantages and indiscriminate use of brute force, had completely transformed into an organized army following a chain of command. Faced with persistent and continuous attacks, Shidou was gradually driven to a corner.

"............"

However, the shade of resignation did not appear in Shidou's eyes.

Indeed, he was at a disadvantage. Indeed, he had been driven close to a dead end.