𝟘𝟟 - ( 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 )

october 12th,
7:00 am,
leilani's bedroom
⚠️traumatic backstory, mental health⚠️
_________________________________

*leilani's POV*

I sit up in my bed as I turn off my alarm. my first day back after— y'know.

coming back home, was a lot. but it was nothing new. I got home, opened the door, parents fighting, not even realizing I've been gone, hurried upstairs to my room. the basics.

I'm so stressed because now people know about my anorexia and depression, and I don't want more people to know.

the first person I've ever talked to about my problems, was brianna, and well...

I'm just hoping my friends don't find out and also leave me like brianna. I'm stressed to go back to school since I don't know how everyone's gonna react, especially brianna.

I don't know what she's told my friends, and I don't want to.

let me just explain a little:

brianna and I met each other in kindergarten, we got along great and we were best friends. until 7th grade. I was 13, everything was going terrible.

two years before this age, things went south. my parents began fighting, my sister had to go in the hospital for checks a lot, school was going like shit.

but at least, I had brianna. I thought.

I decided I'd feel better if I told someone, so I did. and god, do I regret it. it felt great being able to talk to someone about it, but i felt like shit when I went to school the other day and everyone was making fun of me.

my parents didn't give a fuck about me, middle child activities.

I had nowhere to go, I'd often skip classes, go to god knows where, I'd often cry, which I still do. I have tear stains, that's a thing, apparently.

yeah, everything was shit. everything is shit. it only got worse and worse and worse. from there on until this day, I've never talked to anyone about my issues.

except brianna.

*general POV*

leilani grabs an oversized sweater and puts it on. she grabs her bag and her phone before leaving. she gets in her car and starts driving down the street.

"welcome back." emma is the first to greet leilani when she arrives at her locker. "I feel like everyone is staring at me." leilani mumbles and emma looks around.

"they are." she stifles a laugh. "where's the rest?" leilani asks. "they're all waiting for you in the cafeteria since we're early." emma says and leilani nods.

leilani grabs her stuff for her first period before heading to the cafeteria with emma. "welcome back." matt smiles up at leilani.

"thanks. hey guys." leilani says as she sits down. "hey." chris smiles. "look who it is." leilani already internally groans before even turning around.

"welcome back lei." brianna fake pouts. "I thought you were over your obsession fase." leilani snaps back.

"me? obsessed? never." brianna stifles a laugh. "why are you here when you left them alone when I wasn't here?" leilani asks.

"I wasn't gonna tease them for no reason. I was gonna tease you for a reason." brianna shrugs.

"you've teased enough. you can leave now." leilani deadpans. "I will. but just wait, everything's gonna come at you all at once." brianna almost whispers the end of her sentence before leaving.

"is that supposed to be a threat?" emma asks when leilani turns back. she shrugs and rolls her eyes. "I have nothing to come at me either way." leilani lies with a shrug.
_________________________________
shortest chapter yet let's leave it there

-600 words

others are literally +1000 words

idk I have no ideas for this chapter anymore