𝟚𝟡 - ( 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 )

december 9th,
4:13pm,
school classroom
part 2 of last chapter
_________________________________
*matts POV cuz imma leave y'all HANGING*

"what. was. that?" I hear nick ask dramatically, still turned around from the previous interaction.

"no idea." valerie says. "she's just gone." chris says in an almost questioning tone. "she looked devastated." emma acknowledges.

"that was crazy. I hope she's okay." emma speaks. "I hope she's gonna be at the sleepover." I hear nick mumble, making me curse him out in my head.

what's going on? where is she? should I call her? should I go after her? should I text her? should I leave her alone?

I get snapped out of my thoughts after about half an hour when my phone pings. I pick it up and sees she's texted me.

I decide to keep my mouth shut to everyone else since she texted me and not them.

iMessage!

leila🤞🏻😋hey mattI won't be able to stay over sorryif I'm not back on monday, don't look for me in my backyard please

leila🤞🏻😋
hey matt
I won't be able to stay over sorry
if I'm not back on monday, don't look for me in my backyard please.

matty bernard 🤟🏻🤓
why what's going on?
not delivered
leila??
not delivered

real life!

"did she text any of you?" chris asks as we all walk out the class

"did she text any of you?" chris asks as we all walk out the class. "nope." "no." "not me." "I didn't get a text." everyone looks at me.

"I didn't either." I lie, only worried about leilani now. "weird." nick mutters. "let's just go home." I mumble and everyone agrees.

"y'all staying over?" chris asks emma and valerie. "I can't, sorry." valerie speaks. "I can." emma shrugs and everyone nods.

"let's go then." nick speaks as we head to my car. "can you drive?" I ask emma. I'm just out of it right now and I don't want to bring any of my friends in danger if I zone out while driving.

"yeah. you good?" emma asks me and I nod. "it's not me I'm worried about." I speaks and emma nods. "I get that. she'll be okay, matt. even though we don't know what's going on." emma speaks.

"yeah. she's strong." I mumble the last sentence and emma didn't hear it. I pass her my keys and she catches them before getting in the driver seat.

"matt can we drive to—" chris stops himself when he turns his head and sees emma sitting in the driver seat as I get in the back next to nick.

"ems? matt you not driving?" chris asks me as emma starts driving out the parking lot. "no, just don't feel like it." I lie with a shrug.

"ems can we drive to McDonalds?" chris asks, his hand moving to emma's thigh to rest his hand on.

"matt?" emma asks. "huh?" I ask, I was already zoned out. "can we go get food?" emma asks and I nod.

"okay." emma smiles, starting to drive to the McDonalds.

*general :)*

"what do you want?" emma asks, turning around in the driver seat and turning to matt.

"root beer." matt mumbles. "that's it?" emma asks and matt nods. emma orders everyone's food before driving to the triplets' house.

"I'm gonna go to bed. I don't feel so well and I'm tired. sorry guys." matt mumbles and everyone says good night before heading to his room.

matt changes into his pyjamas and lays in his bed with a sigh. he pulls out his phone and reads leilani's message over and over again, trying to figure out what's going on but he couldn't think of anything.
_________________________________
:)