𝟚𝟠 - ( 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐢 𝐠𝐨, 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞? )

december 9th,
7:24am,
matt's bed
⚠️crazy cliffhanger😁, sad asf⚠️
_________________________________
leilani wakes up by her head moving. she peels open her eyes and looks up to be met by matt.

"sorry. I didn't wanna wake you." he mumbles. leilani takes her head off of matt's chest and looks on her phone.

"it's okay. it was time to walk rip anyway." leilani says with a slight smile and matt smiles back.

"when did I fall asleep?" leilani asks. "yesterday. during the first movie of to all the boys i've loved before." matt speaks.

"I slept that long?" leilani asks and matt nods, proud. "yes." matt smiles. "holy shut I have to get ready." leilani mutters, rubbing her eyes as she gets up from matt's bed.

she takes out another sweater and baggy jeans from matt's closet before heading to his bathroom and changing in it.

leilani leaves matt's bathroom and sees matt's room, empty. she grabs her phone from matt's nightstand and walks to the living room.

"'morning." chris smiles from on the couch. "hey chris." leilani smiles back, flopping onto the couch.

"where's the rest?" leilani asks. "emma and valerie didn't stay over, nick is still getting ready and I think matt... I don't know about him." chris says

"I'm right here, motherfucker." matt speaks from on the couch, right next to chris. leilani laughs and so does chris.

"good morning everyone." nick enters the living room tiredly. "good morning nicky." leilani smiles and he groans with a nod.

"it's 8. we should go." matt notices and everyone nods, standing up from the couch. they grab their stuff and walk out to the car.

they get in the car and matt puts on the radio. "I can't wait for breakkkkk." leilani groans and everyone nods.

"three weeks no school, full paradise." (...) she adds with a smile. "I'm staying over every night tho." she speaks and nick nods with a smile.

matt pulls up in the schools parking lot and parks in a parking space. he shuts off the car and gets out along with everyone.

"let's go, fake boyfriend." leilani smiles, looking over at matt. "you ready?" matt asks and leilani nods, grabbing his hand — which wasn't written in the contract but it was more then fine for matt — and walking in.

everyone was whispering and staring but leilani tried her best to ignore it as she walks to her locker.

"he really is your boyfriend, huh?" a familiar voice from behind leilani is heard which makes her turn, being met by one extra person she didn't wish to see.

"yes, eddie. I told you." leilani deadpans. "what're you doing here?" she turns to the guy standing next to him.

"just wanted to know if it's true." seth speaks. "it is." leilani smiles, leaning into matt's chest which makes him wrap his arms around her waist from behind.

"hm. okay." seth speaks before turning on his heel and walking away. "why are you still here?" matt asks eduardo.

he scoffs and walks away as well. "that was so good!" leilani smiles quietly, slipping her hand in matt's again and continuing to her locker.

"they left immediately." matt smiles as they reach his locker. they grabs their stuff out and just talk before the bell rang.

"I'll see you last period." leilani smiles at matt and he smiles back before splitting paths with leilani and walking to PE.

leilani heads to science and enters, immediately making eye contact with nick. she smiles at him as she makes her way over to him and sits down next to him.

"hey bestie." leilani smiles at nick. "hey girl." nick smiles back before the teacher started yapping but leilani zoned out.

"last period of the day then we have vaca." leilani sings to matt as they head to the last class of the day which they had with their whole friend group.

"finally." matt speaks as they walk in and sit in the back, matt next to chris and leilani and leilani next to matt and emma. valerie the other side of emma and nick in front of leilani.

the teacher starts talking but almost everyone zones out.

"leilani mae, come to the main office please. I repeat, leilani mae, come to the main office please." the intercom sounds.

leilani looks at matt confused as the friend group looks at her confused before looking at the teacher.

"may I, miss?" she asks. "yes." she answers. leilani gets up and leaves the classroom. she hears to the main office and knocks before going in.

"leilani, I think it's better if you sit." the principal looks dead serious. "okayyyy." leilani drags on as she sits, thinking it's not that serious.

but she was wrong...

slumping through the halls, trying to keep her balance, leilani reaches the class where she was taken out of.

she scans the classroom before catching her place. "can I go, please?" she basically sobs. "uh— yes, of course." the teacher says.

she walks to her table and sees her friend group looking at her worriedly but matt extra extra worried.

leilani's breath hitches and she packs her stuff as tears roll down her face rapidly.

she leaves as soon as she's done packing, leaving her whole class including her friend group (and you) with questions.

she gets out the school and sits in her car, trying to focus on anything next to her, she spirals into a panic attack.

she pulls out her phone, about to call matt but something stops her. maybe it was the fact that matt would ask questions, or maybe it was something else.

she goes to her voicemail and clocks on her first voicemail she's ever gotten.

"leila, if you're listening to this voicemail, it means you're gonna have a panic attack so I want you to just listen to me, even if I'm just your phone." the voicemail matt left her when she texted him she was having a panic attack plays.

"I want you to focus on my voice and try to control your breathing." matt says and leilani does just that.

"I want you to breath with me." matt sounds. leilani closer het teary eyes and listens to matt's breathing in her phone.

"if you're better now, congrats you can continue doing whatever you were doing. if you're not, listen to this as much as you need until you're calm again." the voicemail ends and leilani replays it. "leila, if you're listening to this ..."

"I'm here." leilani pants — tears still rolling down her face — entering the hospital room.
_________________________________
xoxo riana <3