𝟝𝟚 - ( 𝐡𝐢 𝐦𝐨𝐦 )

june 18th,
12:42am,
nick's bedroom
_________________________________
"lani it's prom in a week and you don't even have a dress yet." nick speaks. they've been bickering about prom all day and eventually leilani gave up.

"I don't want to wear a dress." leilani mumbles and nick gasps. "it wasn't a fucking question. come on, we're buying you a dress." nick grabs leilani's hand and pulls her out of his room.

he speed walks to matts room and goes in without asking, "matt we need you to drive us to the mall." nick says. "haha. hell no." matt answers simply.

"why not?" nick whines. "why would I?" matt asks. "because leilani needs a prom dress." nick answers, crossing his arms over his chest with sass.

"oh." matt mumbles, "i'll drive you." matt smiles at leilani. "oh so when it's for her you'll do it?" nick gasps. "pretty much." matt mumbles, grabbing his car keys and leaving his room.

with a scoff, nick follows. leilani giggles to herself as she follows them too. "bye chris." leilani says to the boy sitting on the couch, scrolling through his phone.

"where are you-? I don't even care. bye." chris says back and leilani shakes her head before leaving through the front door.

she gets in the passenger seat. nick was already in the backseat and matt was already in the driver seat. matt starts driving to the mall as nick and leilani talk about random stuff.

"thank you matt." leilani smiles at matt as she gets out of the car. "when do I pick you guys back up?" matt asks.

"in four hours or something." nick answers and matt nods. "bye leila." matt smiles at leilani and she smiles back. "bye matthew." she smirks before closing her door, turning her back and walking in the mall with nick.

"first store?" leilani asks nick. "macy's, duh." nick answers like it was logic, heading to macy's. leilani follows and they enter the store.

after what felt like hours, leilani found a couple of dresses she found appealing. she can't choose between them and she told nick this, to which he answered she could ask matt.

"I'm not asking matt for help. I want him to see it when we're going." leilani answered to his suggestion.

"ask chris or mom." nick shrugs. this is something you guys didn't know yet; leilani has been texting mary lou a lot. leilani has explained the situation with her parents to mary lou and she was extremely comforting.

after the two of them became close enough, mary lou suggested for leilani to allow her to call her mom.

this made leilani extremely happy because mary lou is like the mom she always wanted but never had.

everyone in the family is comfortable with this, knowing leilani really needs this.

"good idea. let me text her the pics." leilani mumbles, pulling out her phone.