𝟙𝟘 - ( 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐲 )

october 29th,
10 am,
leilani's bedroom
⚠️fat shaming, harsh backstory, slapping, harsh chapter overall⚠️
_________________________________
leilani gets woken up by her bedroom door slamming open. she peels open her eyes and looks at the door.

"get ready. everyone's arriving in an hour." her mom deadpans before leaving and slamming the door shut. her face was blue and purple, with a couple scars covering it.

this makes leilani drown in guilt, even though she's got nothing to do with it. but she thinks different.

here's the thing:

her parents started fighting when she was born, it was a sound that she got used to eventually, but after 17, almost 18 years of hearing them arguing, she always feels like it's her fault.

the fights usually go about her mom, since her father is a fucking alcoholic. but when he's sober, it's about their kids. and not any of their kids, it's about leilani.

she always overhears them yelling at each other for her becoming such a mistake, they always argue with each other over who's child it is, when it's both of theirs. it's mostly about leilani, and barely about amber or ryan.

the couple of times it's about amber, it's usually about how expensive her medicines are, and how they don't give a fuck if she dies. no, literally. the other day it was about how amber has already been in a coma for nearly 4 months, so they were discussing about just 'pulling the plug', which made leilani rage because of how protective she is over her little sister.

the other times it's about ryan, their eldest child, leilani and ambers' big brother. he ran off when leilani got born, he never really gave anyone a reason. her parents just thought it was because he didn't want a younger sibling or that her younger sister was an absolute mistake. but the real reason, nobody knows. and they're not expecting too.

so, yeah, basically, leilani's life is shit and she's hanging on by a thread.

leilani gets up from her bed, walks over to her closet and grabs another oversized sweater and baggy jeans. she wears these to 'cover up her stomach', even though she's skinny as fuck. she doesn't realize, she's used to not eating for at least a month and then consuming a small piece of food and puking it back out immediately.

leilani finishes her makeup before exiting her room and walking downstairs. she sees that her grandmother lucy has arrived along with the rest of the family members. she internally groans as she makes her way to the kitchen.

"leilani, darling! so nice to see you again." lucy lies out her arse, pulling the teenage girl in for a hug. she rolls her eyes hugging back, receiving a supposedly threatening look from her father standing behind her grandmother.

her annoyed face immediately turns fake happy as lucy pulls back. "you too, grandma." leilani smiles bittersweet. lucy turns on her heel and starts having a conversation with leilani's father.

leilani exits the kitchen and walks to the living room, supposing the rest of the family is there, sitting on the couch.

"yo, laura, get me a beer!" she hears the second she enters the living room. her uncle. you can tell she didn't end up in the right family, but what can she do about it? she's a minor and nobody wants to listen to her vent. she thinks.

she walks further, viewing over the whole family. all of them were the same, and there was no end. "anyone else need something to drink?" she asks, avoiding any problems with her parents.