𝟙𝟡 - ( 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 )

december 6th,
7:30am,
leilani's bedroom
_________________________________
leilani sits up in her bed as her alarm goes off for the sixth time this morning. she gets out of bed and goes to her closet.

she didn't sleep this night, so she's still exhausted.

she takes out an outfit and changes in it. as she's doing her hair and makeup in her bathroom, she hears a faint ringing from in her bedroom.

she walks out and sees her plugged in phone ringing. she leans over it and sees the contact name.

'matty bernard🤟🏻🤓'

leilani frowns as she picks up her phone and presses accept, immediately being met by matt's phone standing up on his counter and him doing his hair.

"hey." matt smiles at the girl with a confused look in her face. "hey." she says back with a confused tone.

"why'd you call?" she asks, returning to her position in the bathroom as she continues doing her hair.

"oh no reason." matt shrugs. "just wanted to check in on you, after... y'know." matt's voice immediately gets softer.

"oh yeah." leilani mumbles. "I mean— I'm fine, honestly." leilani stifles a nervous laugh. "I know that laugh, leila. you keep forgetting I know you more then anyone." matt turns his attention to the girl on the screen.

"you don't know me more then brianna." leilani sighs. matt was gonna tell her he does but then remembers she wasn't gonna be happy to hear her best friend knows all the shit she goes through for two months almost without her knowing he knows.

"right." matt sighs swiftly. "what do you think of the outfit? doesn't it make me look fat?" leilani does a little spin in front of the camera as soon as she's done with her hair.

"it doesn't. you look gorgeous." matt smiles softly. leilani looks in the mirror and begins doing her makeup as she blushes.

"love to hear it." she smiles, dabbing her concealer. "how many people have seen you without makeup, leila?" matt asks.

"literally nobody. except you just now." leilani shrugs. "you look so good without makeup too, just saying." matt shrugs, running his fingers through his hair.

"hm. I don't know, no makeup makes me uncomfortable." leilani shrugs, applying blush on her already rose cheeks.

the two stood in a comfortable silence a couple of seconds, as she was finishing her makeup and he was admiring her.

"please don't do anything stupid." leilani breaks the comfortable silence. "me? why would I?" matt asks.

"the whole thing with seth and all— I don't want you causing any drama." leilani shakes her head, picking up her phone and moving back to the bedroom.

"I won't cause any drama. i'll just protect you when needed." matt shrugs, receiving a soft smile from leilani.

"thanks matt." she smiles. "of course." matt smiles back.

"I'm at school." leilani speaks, pulling up in the parking lot of the school. "perfect. I'll be waiting at your locker." matt smiles.

"you wanna stay on the phone?" matt asks when he sees the expression on leilani's face.

"yes please." she smiles embarrassed, turning off her engine. "of course, I'll stay on the phone until you're here." matt smiles as leilani grabs her phone.

"thanks matt." leilani smiles, grabbing her bag and stepping out the car. she holds the phone to her chest, pointing at her face.

she walks through the school door and was already getting weird looks from everyone around her, like they all knew what she's been through.

but they don't🤷🏼‍♀️

with a textbook falling to the ground, she snaps back into reality to see nobody looking at her weird.

"you okay?" matt sounds from on her phone. she looks down and remembers she was calling with matt. "oh, yeah." she smiles.

"here you are." matt sounds in front of leilani and on her phone before he hangs up. "hey leila." matt smiles softly.

without response, leilani just wraps her arms around matt's neck and hugs him. without question, matt wraps his arms around leilani's waist and hugs back.

"you okay?" matt asks. "no." leilani mumbles. matt pulls away and looks her deeply into her eyes. "but I'll manage." leilani adds and matt nods.

"tell me when you can't anymore." matt nods as leilani nods back. the bell rings and leilani quickly looks on her schedule.

"maths." leilani smiles, knowing she has it with matt. "and after... PE." leilani realizes it's with seth, amelia and elena.

"chris has PE with you, remember. you can always go to him." matt nods and leilani nods back with a slight smile in the corner of her mouth.

"I literally can't wait for the end of the month." leilani speaks. "when we have exams? yeah no thanks." matt says as they make their wake through the school halls.

"well yeah, end of trimester exams are ass, but after, we get to enjoy a small vacation." leilani speaks and matt frowns at her.

"what? you haven't read the email? after our exam thursday, we just have to come to school friday and then we don't have to come to school for like three weeks." leilani smiles.

"really? what date to what date? otherwise I don't remember." matt asks. "you can just read the mail but sure. from december 10th to january 5th." leilani speaks and matt nods, smiling at her.

"that's— 26 days." matt nods and leilani nods back. "yup." leilani smiles as they walk in the maths classroom.

"matthew. leilani. you're late." mister parker acknowledges. "sorry, sir." leilani speaks up as her and matt make their way to their desks.

"today we'll be continuing with trigonometry." mister parker pulls out his textbook.

"so turn your textbooks to page 384." he speaks and everyone turns their books to that page.
_________________________________
cutting it here and continuing next chapter :)