𝟛𝟚 - ( 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 )

january 4th,
8:13am,
the minivan
⚠️fighting YEAHHHH⚠️
_________________________________
"ugh I'm stressed I'm so sure people will be laughing at me and will ask questions." leilani groans, putting her face in her hands.

"I swear to god if brianna speaks one more fucking word out her bitchass mouth imma punch the shit outta her." matt speaks.

"you already beat up seth. let me handle brianna." chris speaks, "let's not." leilani deadpans. "if anyone's gonna beat her up, it's me." leilani shrugs.

"do your thing." chris and matt mumble.

"is seth's nose still broken by the way?" leilani asks. "no but I can do it again if you want." matt speaks. "awh. then brianna isn't gonna match with her boyfriend." leilani fake pouts, earning a small giggle from nick.

"you're actually badass." nick speaks and leilani smiles as matt parks the car. "why thank you." leilani smiles, getting out of the car.

"come on, fake boyfriend." leilani waves her hand at matt for him to come stand next to him. she sticks out her hand, which matt gladly takes, before walking in.

chris catches up to the other side of leilani and nick to the other side of matt. "look who it is." the first thing leilani hears besides herself and the triplets for the whole day.

of course.

leilani turns around with a hair flip, cuz why the fuck not, and stands eye to eye with brianna.

"finally decided to stop being a pussy and come back to school? awh look you're still holding on to your little boyfriend." brianna fake pouts.

"you want the honour or you want me to do it?" matt whispers in leilani's ear.

"I'll do it." leilani smiles up at matt and with that, he let's go of her hand. leilani takes a step forward, now a little bit closer to brianna.

"continue." leilani speaks up. "oh, be my fucking guest. I think it was finally time. I'm confused why you or your parents never pulled the plug. that little bitch was always so mean to me, and I always reacted with niceness. she was so annoying for a 9 year old." brianna speaks, triggering leilani word by word.

"and I think you fucking deserve it." she shrugs. "haha." leilani says dryly before lifting her balled up fist and punching it in her nose.

with a whine, brianna falls on the ground as she holds her nose. "what the fuck!" she shouts. "you broke my nose!" she cries, looking at her bloody hands.

"thank me later, i gave you a free, very much needed, nose job." leilani answers before turning around and walking to her locker.

the triplets are quickly placed next to her, matt holding her hand again, as they reach her locker.

"that was actually badass." nick smiles widely. "that was amazing." chris chuckles. "very well." matt smiles, pulling leilani in for a side hug. not a uncomfortable one like they're taking a photo or anything, but a comforting and proud one.

"thank you." leilani smiles, grabbing her textbooks. "maybe we'll spend detention together." matt smiles.

he looks behind them to see everyone noticing the distance between leilani and matt, he could even understand some whispers, "they're together, why are they that far away from each other." "wanna bet he's scared of her."

"kiss my cheek." matt mumbles to leilani, turning back around. "what?" she asks. "people are noticing. kiss me."

(BITCH DONT GOTTA TELL ME TWICE)

leilani smiles at matt before pressing a soft kiss against his cheek. she mouths 'elephant juice' and everyone looks away.

"there. now they saw I kissed you and they think I said I love you." leilani smiles. "you got a whole plan, huh?" matt chuckles.

"totally." she giggles. "stop. I know this is fake but this is still ew." nick fake gags. "people need to keep believing." matt shrugs.

"see you guys in homeroom." chris says before walking away. "yeah bye guys." nick also walks away.

"and then there were two." leilani giggles. "yay. math." matt deadpans with no emotion, making leilani laugh.

"I'll see emma again after y'know what happened." leilani speaks. "oh yeah she stayed over like the whole vacation." matt says.

"oh yeah and her and chris broke up." matt says. "what? okay that's it, I don't believe in love anymore." leilani shakes her head as she enters math.

(one week ago)

*chris' POV*

that's it, today I'm breaking up with emma. she's been staying over for the whole vacation and I realized I'm not ready for a relationship yet.

"hey ems?" I look down to the girl laying in my arms. "yes?" she asks, looking up to me. "can we talk?" I ask and she nods, sitting up.

I sit up as well and look at her. "y'know how I'm scared of relationships?" I ask and emma nods.

"I'm not scared of this one. but I feel like we're soulmates, but more platonic." I speak, getting more nervous by word.

"we get along amazingly. but for some reason, I took that as a sign we're meant to be. I believe we are meant to be, but maybe not in this life." I continue.

"I'm just not ready for a relationship yet, and this was a very fun experience and I'll never forget it, but I think we need to go our own ways." I continue.

"right person, who time, y'know? maybe when I'm we're like— 25 we'll still get together. I'm just not in the right state, mentally and all that." I finish.

"I hope you understand." I speak. "of course I understand, chris. we can still be best friends and everything will be the same as before." emma smiles.

"I'll still be there for you, and I'll still have your back." she smiles. I breath out relieved that she was so chill with it.

"thank you." I smile, hugging her. she hugs back and I smile. we pull away and I look at her.

"back in the friend zone, baby." I smile and emma laughs.

(BACK AT IT <january 4th>)

"that was more ass than usual." matt groans, throwing his arm over leilani's shoulder as they walk out the maths classroom.

"oh come on baby, don't act like you dont like it." the nickname has matts heart beating about a hundred beats extra. "I don't princess, that's the problem." matt speaks before giving leilani a kiss on her temple.

"people were watching." matt lies and leilani nods with a smile. "now I have to miss you for an hour." leilani says loud enough so the people gossiping could hear.

"I'll see you in homeroom." matt presses a soft kiss on leilani's forehead before letting her go and walking away. leilani blushes to herself, happy that she can at least enjoy this.

she grabs her textbooks for her next class and walks to the classroom.
_________________________________
:')