𝟜𝟝 - ( 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐥 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞

may 1st,
12:16am,
school canteen
_________________________________
"shit, i have to go. I have to be in the science classroom in four minutes." leilani mumbles to her friends, getting up.

"why?" matt asks. "prom, I have to help organize it." leilani speaks. "okay." matt smiles and she smiles back.

she ruffles his hair before walking out of the school canteen, matt's eyes never looking anywhere else but on her.

"you must really like her, huh?" nick asks with a mischievous grin spread across his face.

"yeah." matt mumbles, already blushing by thinking about her. "she's just so nice. she's beautiful. she's not the kind of girl to say 'damn she's hot', she's the kind of girl to say 'she's so beautiful. the way she smiles. the sound of her laugh.'." matt rambles.

"and it's true. her laugh is so angelic. her eyes are so perfectly centered on her face, making it easy for me to stare in them. the way her bottom lip expands when she smiles widely and the small gap between her lips showing her top teeth the littlest when she smiles. her makeup always being perfect, even though she doesn't need it." matt continues.

"her hair fitting her face so perfectly. the way it rests on her shoulders. her nose being in such a perfect shape. the soft freckles spread across her nose bridge. not too obvious but the amount of obvious that it's perfect. her eyebrows." matt rambles on and on about everything he thinks is beautiful on leilani.

"overall, she's gorgeous. inside and out." matt finishes. "damn." chris mumbles, "I actually just listened to you rambling about leilani for ten minutes."

"oh you must really like her." nick says, almost in a questioning tone. "yeah." matt mumbles with a soft smile.

"I love her." matt shrugs. "do you love her or are you in love with her?" nick asks. "what's the difference?" matt asks and nick gasps.

"loving someone generally refers to a deep affection and care for them, often including feelings of warmth, friendship, and respect. being in love with someone typically involves romantic feelings, intense attraction, and a desire for emotional and physical closeness. being in love often implies a deeper emotional and romantic connection compared to simply loving someone." nick explains.

(yeah chatgpt rlly saved me on this one)

"oh I'm for sure in love with her." matt nods and nick gasps, "that's so great!"

"please let me decorate the house you're gonna be living in with her. please let me be a groomsmen on you guys' wedding. pleaseeeeee let me be the godfather of your first child." nick rambles.

"nick stop! we're 17, we're not getting married." matt stops him from continuing.

"you will when you're older." nick mumbles, "that's possible." matt agrees with nick and he smiles before talking about something random, completely moving on from the topic of leilani.

"leilani, do you have any ideas for songs?" the principal asks. leilani is sitting at a desk along with the 3 other organizers, which are luckily also girls who leilani knows.

"I'd definitely put a good party song in there." leilani nods, "something like fe!n from travis scott and playboi carti." leilani nods.

"but of course we need a softer song, too. something like... I don't know. maybe perfect from ed sheeran." leilani nods.

"oh! y'know what we need?" leilani gasps, "YMCA is a prom need." leilani speaks and the three other girls nod.

"I agree with leilani." olivia, leilani's friend, speaks. "we still need about... 40 more songs." the principal says.

leilani pulls out her phone and goes to spotify, searching 'prom songs' and just dictating all the names and singers.

"that's it. we have 45 songs that will all be played." the principal nods and so do the girls.

"now we need ideas for the room itself. we're doing it in the biggest gymnasium and you girls are expected back next week to talk about the look." the principal finishes and the girls nod before leaving.

"we need a theme. and I'm thinking— blue." leilani mumbles to the three other girls as they leave, "I totally agree." laura, another girl says.

"or no theme. that may be basic, but then the students can choose themselves. I can already name 10 of my friends that don't like the colour blue." coraline says.

"okay, no colours. the theme is just— formal but fun." leilani shrugs and the girls agree before splitting paths.

"I'm back." leilani smiles, putting both her hands on either of matt's shoulders, scaring the shit out of him.

"hey." matt's eyes lighten up as leilani sits down next to him. she grabs his hand under the table and he smiles at her.

"what'd I miss?" leilani asks, "not a lot. nick was rambling about henry cavill." chris mumbles and leilani giggles.

"smash." leilani smiles and nick smiles at her too. leilani and nick start talking about attractive male actors as chris just mindlessly scrolls through his phone, not wanting to listen to them.

and matt... matt...

matt's rubbing his thumb over leilani's skin on her hand, inspecting how soft and warm her hands are, making his cheeks burn up as well.

he's observing her facial features as she talks, every so often covering her mouth with her unoccupied hand to say the person she's talking about is attractive and she's blushing.

(I KNOW ALL YOU BITCHES DO THAT TOO I CANT BE THE ONLY ONE)

matt's closely paying attention to the wrinkles under her eyes when she smiles, they way she leans forward slightly when she laughs, the way she every so often slams her fist on the table softly.

sure, matt's had a crush on her for as long as he knows. but he has never looked at her like this. and it was shocking him.

yeah, he was young. and yeah, he'd pay close attention to her. but not like this. and he loved it like this.

now he knows every single detail on her face.
_________________________________
random end but I didn't know what else to add

he's so whipped