A Tale Told By An Idiot [England, Scotland, And Britain]

---CIRCA 1610----

"Do you not have an ounce of modesty?" England said, watching Scotland look extremely pleased and as puffed up as a peacock about a play.

"I have much modesty, but it's not often that plays are written about your kings."

"More often than you'd think." England muttered, before sighing. "All those Henry and Richard plays are enough to make your head spin."

"Well yes, but those kings are boring." Scotland said, to which England rolled his eyes. "And I hear that I am portrayed as such a charming man in this, why wouldn't I be excited?"

"His Majesty's Scottish, it would make sense newer plays would reflect that." England said, huffing a little before he looked back towards the stage. "There's only a big fuss about the theater because her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth, may she rest in peace-"

Scotland made a vague gesture of respect in England's direction, before looking back towards the stage, grinning like a madman.

"Well, her Majesty liked it well enough that it became an acceptable pastime for even the commoners." England said, looking down in the crowd.

"If it's good enough for the queen, who says it cannot please me as well?" Scotland shrugged. "And it's always nice to see something a little different than what Crown brought me to see all these last times time. A play about Mac Bethad mac Findláich, King of Scotland."

"I am going to say those are not real words." England said, and Scotland folded his arms, scowling.

"Well, it's not as if the plays you choose are filled with real words." Scotland said, and sighed. He looked back towards the stage, where finally, it was all about to start. "Though, I am a bit excited to see how they portray Banquo, being the forefather of His Majesty. And Crown begged me to come today, so you know it must be a good one."

And as if on queue, the young man who would one day rule more than half the world came briskly, nodding slightly to acknowledge his family members before gripping onto the railing excitedly and leaning a little over. "It hasn't started yet, has it? I hope I haven't missed the beginning. There's witches and spells and oh, Scotland you will love this play!

"We shall see." England said.

The play went off without a hitch, and King James seemed to be thoroughly enjoying it so far, having a fascination with Witches and darkness and Scotland, his country of origin. Britain was also having a grand time.

Scotland seemed to be getting rather bored, and leaned over to the young empire, and whispered, "Eh, Crown, you said this would be a good one.

"It's Sir Shakespeare, of course it is. I promise, there's enough jokes."

"Sir? He's not knighted." Scotland said. He then looked to England, who was leaning on the railing, absolutely bored. "Looks like Sasainn is getting a little restless. His tail's twitching."

"Well, I think playwrights should be knighted. Especially ones so brilliant as this." Britain whispered, grinning and looking back to the stage. "I wish I could hear the actors better. I think seats in the front should be where the money's at. Then you can see everything up close."

"And being below those who are in the seats above? I am disappointed you'd even think to say such a thought out loud."

"Oh, leave Crown alone. He doesn't have the same hearing as us." Scotland said, a mock respect in his voice. "Though he may use it more than you."

"I still wish I was closer.

"Tell you what. I have the blessing of having lion ears there, Crown." Scotland laughed a little. "I'll tell you what they said if you can't hear something properly."