☁️ (S) Luffy x (U) Male Reader ☁️

requested by ZyreneDiaz1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luffy POV

i was walking around the Sunny joking around with Usopp and Chopper talking about random things until we heard something in the water.

we walked over and looked over it only to be pushed back as a mermaid jumped up making me stare at it as he fell on top of me. i was weak from the sea water but i looked down at the mermaid and saw crazy (H/C) hair covered their face "guy! there's a hurt mermaid here!" Usopp called out making everyone run out and see.

they moved the mermaid to another room as i dried myself off but i was wondering what happened it them. they wouldn't ever jump onto a ship but with what Jimbei mentioned one time merpeople would go to places that have fishmen on them so that be the reason why but i can't be sure.

Chopper looked over them and said that their tail was hurt so he wrapped it up making us nod as we waited for the mermaid to wake up as he said that it was out cold.

Sanji made some food for it but we heard a crash making us go and see that Sanji was standing in shock as the mermaid stared at him with legs as scales were laid everywhere "where am i?" they asked as we could see that it was a male.

Chopper came in and looked over them and wrapped up their leg that was hurt as the male looked around confused.

i stayed with him as i smiled at him as he stared at me "so Mr mermaid, what brought you on my ship?" i asked as he stared "i was swimming in the sea when mermaid hunters came. i got away from them but they cut my tail and i swam as fast as i could and jumped onto a ship that i thought was safe and I'm not a mermaid, I'm a devil fruit user" he said making me shocked but also excited to hear that "your a devil fruit user! and your a mermaid!" "merman but yes i am" he said tilting his head as i was excited hearing that "people would have a different reaction to that" "well that's because your like the 5th devil fruit on this ship!" i said making him confused as i smiled pulling my cheek as he stared "I'm a rubber man after i ate the gum gum fruit!" i said as he reached over and pulled my cheeks more laughing a bit "it is amazing" he said as i blushed a bit.

he smiled at me as i blushed more confused about it but i shook my head as he watched me "what fruit did you eat?" "i ate the mer mer fruit. i can change into a mermaid and swim in the sea but i didn't think i would attacked out here" "well mermaid hunters are a thing so stick with me and i will keep you safe" i said making him smile "thanks..." he said but he didn't know my name making me laugh "Luffy. Monkey D. Luffy and I'm going to be king of the pirates!" i said making him laugh as i smiled at him "I'm (M/N) (L/N), nice to meet you mister king of the pirates" he said making me laugh as he was laughing as well.

i helped him outside since his leg was hurt. he was wrapping a pair of black shorts and a (F/C) shirt. his (H/L) (H/C) hair was pushed out of his way as his (S/C) skin was shining a bit with a few scales on his skin showing.

we walked out and the others asked questions and he answered the best he could and when he mentioned about being a devil fruit user they were amazed as i told them about it.

we were relaxing on the ship as i kept (M/N) next to me as he was still new to everyone but was amazed in seeing Brook since he was a walking, talking skeleton and Chopper being a talking reindeer that was also our doctor.

we kept talking with him until the ship shook making everyone confused but the look on (M/N)'s face showed that he was scared "they found me" he said only for a bunch of fishmen to jump on board with weapons out "where is that mermaid. we know he's here" they demanded as i stood up seeing how scared (M/N) "he isn't going anywhere with you" i said making them laugh "we will see about that" they said but the crew jumped in and we fought them off.

we were fighting them all off as (M/N) watched us but one of the guys got behind causing him to scream as we turned around and saw one of them holding him with a knife to his throat making us freeze "stand down or he gets it" they said as fear was in (M/N)'s eyes but i glanced over the ship seeing the water move making me curious but i turned back to name and watched as water slammed into the fishman making him shot off into the distance as we were shocked but i ran over to (M/N) seeing him shaking "you did great (M/N)" i said as he clung onto me as the other fishmen ran off after Jimbei gave them a good threat.

i was holding (M/N) close to me as he was scared but he has since relaxed into me as he fell to sleep. i was petting his hair watching him relax as i smiled at him pulling him closer to me as the others watched "he looks peaceful sleeping like this" Nami said and i nod "are you going to ask him to join the crew?" "i will when he wakes up but I'm going to let him rest" i said and she nodded before walking off as i watched (M/N).

i felt my heart racing and i remember the others talking about people that made them feel the same way and i never felt like this to anyone but to (M/N), cheesy thinking this but i think i love (M/N) at first sight but I'm going to let it continue on by itself as i don't want to force him to love me back.

(M/N) woke up and i smiled at him as he smiled back "hey, want to join my crew?" i asked and he was confused "but I'm not a fighter, i was scared with those fishmen and couldn't so anything" "we're not fighters neither but we pretty well on our own" Nami said making him look at her as she smiled at him before he looked but seeing me smiling at him "ok, I'll join" he said making me happy as Nami cheered as i hugged him closer to me "great! (M/N) the merman will stay with us!" i cheered making him laugh as i was so happy that he was joining the crew and i can't wait for travel with him just hoping that during all of this he starts to love me as well.

thank you for the request and i hope that you like it! comment anymore requests that you want to do! :3