pathological liar

I haven't always been like this...I think. I don't think anyone pops out of the womb lying for no reason. It got so bad that now I'm here in front of pennywise about to eaten alive. But your probably more interested in how I got here, well it all started my second semester of my freshman year, February 2nd 1989.

I was a freshman at this school and somewhat new to town, but I had already been here for the first semester so I don't know if I'm even considered new anymore. I so badly wanted to get noticed by people, I started out small with the nerds by becoming their friend and attending their D&D campaigns then I went to the teachers pet they didn't like me very much because I guess I was good at school whatever that means. I then tried to make friends with the nerdy athletes they're surprisingly more rude than the regular athletes. When I got to the popular kids everything went down hill. For context I tried talking to the popular sophomores at the diner and this would be the biggest mistake of my life.

"Wow! So your like super famous then right?" Said one of the girls, I had already forgotten her name

"Well no not really" I said a little scared, I didn't expect her to reply to something I said that seemed so small

"You just said that you knew Prince right?" Someone else said, gosh I really need to start remembering names

"Well no I said I met him at a party" it somewhat excited me people were actually listening so closely that they could call my bluff, but not right now.

"Right but if you were at a party that Prince was at, then you must have some kind of connections to him?" I need to think fast

"Not really I just knew someone who knew someone who was going to the party, it's a bit complicated"

One of the girl smirked "we have all day , I mean nothing interesting happens in Derry anyways so you might just be the closest thing we got. So please tell us more" the other girls start giggling, I knew she knew I was lying.

I guess you could say I was saved by the bell or the bully. I guess Henry Bowers had overheard my conversation and came over to us. The girls looked up at him with disgust. See Henry was still in the eighth grade he was supposed to be a freshman like me but he got held back.

"Aww are you girls saying this town is boring when you have me?" The one girl in the blonde hair I think she said her name was Vanessa "no we we're just leaving, guess we don't have all day" she got up and looked at me with these evil eyes "guess wells be seeing you around Prince's bestie" they left chuckling.

Henry looked down at me and sat at the booth the girls were in "so you're friends with Prince?" I think he actually believed me or maybe he's just really good at playing gullible

"It's complicated and the least interesting things about me" I crossed my arms and Henry smiled

"Oh yeah then what's the most interesting thing about you?" I looked around tried making it look like I was thinking about it when I was just trying to find something to say.

That's when I saw the missing kid poster, I don't know why I said it I don't know what convinced me this was the best thing to say.

"I know the person who's kidnapping all the kids in Derry."

... To be continued