14 | joohyun

She wasn't the type to suddenly get mad... But for some reason, it happened. It even surprised her. "What is wrong with me?" she hissed, rolling her eyes to the back of her head loudly sighing. She leaned her head on the wall she was lazily leaning on.

"Don't be mad at Sehun..." She turned her head to the right, where the unfamiliar voice was coming from. "He had a dark past. He may look like someone who has the perfect life, good friends -I don't even know if he considers us as his friends but still- admirers, good grades and stuff, but it's not the case. Sehun isn't really good at communicating, especially with girls, as you can see. It's because if his stepmother..."

Joohyun cut him before the boy could end his story. "Why are you telling me this? It is not like I asked him to be my friend or something! I never wanted to be here in the first place. I never wanted to live like this." She half scream, half whispered.

The boy looked at her with curious eyes, like it was amusing him to see her like this. "Sehun and you have a lot in common. It's a lot more interesting that I thought... Oh, I am Jongin, Sehun's friend, by the way." He smiled, showing his white teeth.

Joohyun looked down at her feet. "I'm not mad at Sehun to be honest... It's just that he saw me at the worst moment he could, and I'm scared of what Joon might do to me when I go back home. I'm scared because Joon saw me with a guy. I'm scared he might hurt me again... or even him. I'm so screwed." Tears were burning her eyes as she tried to not cry. Then she realized something. She was talking to a complete stranger, well not really because she was in the same class as him and Sehun.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to tell you this..." Jongin chuckled. "It's okay. It happens. You can continue, I don't mind listening." The girl looked at him with confused eyes. Never before someone have bothered listening to her... Even the police wouldn't listen to her! They would tell her to go away or simply ask her to shut up. But there she was, standing in front of a boy whose best friend was the boy she had started to develop feelings for.

"Wait, did you say that Joon guy hurt you?" Joohyun panicked and shook her hands along with her head. "Please don't tell Sehun or the police, please... I have enough problems like this." Jongin saw how she looked scared, like it was a nightmare she couldn't escape... Like she was seeing the thing she feared the most right in front of her eyes, and was trapped in place.

"Let's make a deal... I won't tell anyone if you apologize to Sehun and try to become his friend." The boy said, earning a weird look from the girl. It was a mix of disgust and fear... Well that's what Jongin thought it was. Joohyun knew she might regret it, but she wanted to be left alone... Without problems.

"Deal." The tanned boy nodded. "When does your shift ends? It's pretty late, and we have school tomorrow." He looked at the expensive (it looked expensive) around his left wrist, than back at her.

"It's one thirty." Joohyun's eyes widened... Her shift ended about half an hour ago. She should have been home fifteen minutes ago.

"I have to go." She said. "Alright. See you at school then, friend." The boy said, smiling at her.

Friend. Joohyun never had friends before. Not even in kindergarten. Her heart skipped a beat hearing the word. She smiled.

"Later, friend."

♥︎

A/N: Long chapter, oops. Appearance of Jongin, Sehun's best friend. Do you think Joohyun will keep her words?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! I may not know you personally, but I love you readers for reading (and voting, if you are) for S.O.I.L~ You can dm me anytime if I need corrections in any chapters.

Special chapter coming up next...

Buebye ~