16 | joohyun

When she woke up, the first thing she noticed was the blue ceiling. Wait, where am I? She thought, sitting up on the bed she was laying on. Panic started to take over as she tried to remember the night before. The door opened, revealing a way too familiar figure. His name escaped her lips like whisper, a breath.

"Please, listen to me first." He said, closing the door behind him. "I found you unconscious on my way home, and since I don't know where you live, I brought you here."

The girl exhaled, relieved by the fact that she wasn't at a stranger's house. But then, the memories of last night came back...

The moment she opened the door, she was immediatly pushed against the wall, an arm on her neck. "How come you're home late?" The smell of weed and alcohol hit the nostrils like a slap. She tried not to gag on the man she feared the most.

"There were a more customers than the usual." She lied, only to get hit on the jaw. When she made contact with the wooded floor, she felt the side of her face itch. A blue tinted bruise was already visible. Tears were rolling down her cheeks to her chin, swelling her face on the way.

"Get out you bitch, and make sure I never see you again!" The drun man yelled, kicking her out of the apartment and slammed the door at her face.

Tears came out, rolling down her face even more... It was like it just wouldn't stop flooing. She walked down the stairs, and walked where her feet were leading her. Her eyes suddenly felt heavy, and she started to feel dizzy.

Trying to support herself on the brick wall, she failed, and ended up on the cold hard ground.

Her head was spinning and she felt like throwing up.

Then, everything went black.

"Is that a bruise?" A voice startled her and she looked in its direction. Joohyun looked down because words just wouldn't come out, and because she didn't want him to see it. "It's nothing." She mumbled. "How is it nothing? You have a freaking bruise on your face! Who-" She cut him off. "I said I was fine, Sehun!" She slapped his hand away harder than she wanted to. Joohyun wanted to apologize as soon as she did, but nothing came out. So, she just bit her lower lip.

Few seconds pass before he spoke. "I'm sorry..." Sehun whispered, wrapping his long arms around her, making the girl's eyes widened. No one had never been like this to her... Younger, she had never felt her parents' love, so this feeling was new to her. Her stomach twisted upside down as her body stiffed. Tears were blurring her view. She wanted to cry.

"It's okay. You can cry." Sehun patted her head, quietly singing a familiar lullaby. Her sniffs became louder and louder as she hid her head in his neck, circling his waist with her slender arms. For the first time in a while, she could cry in peace, letting go of all her worries. She didn't know why she was crying anymore. She didn't know if it was by anger of happiness.

Let me listen to you

I just wanna love you

Give me that chance

Wanna hold you

Baby you know

That i need you i need you

And i'm wondering all the time

If you love me come

On over get to know me

Baby because i know

You need me you need me

And i want you

In my life yeah yeah

"I don't know what you have lived to be like this, but let me be the one that changes everything..." The boy said, cupping her face, making her look at him in the eyes. Joohyun's face was shining from all the tears. "I'll always be here for you. Anytime. Anywhere." She nodded, whipping her tears away.

"Why are you acting like this?" She asked, earning a confused look from the tall boy. "Why are you this kind to me when I'm just a pathetic lonely girl?" She looked down, playing with his wet shirt, and a pout on her lips.

"Because I like you."

Joohyun felt her heart skipped a beat.

He likes her... too.