29 | joohyun

Delicately opening her heavy lids, she saw the sleeping figure before her. She tried to recall the events that happened in the last 24 hours, only to be surprised by Jenna's arms tightly hugging her waist. "Please... Don't go." She heard her mumble.

She looked at the clock lazily hung over the door frame. It was near six o'clock.

Joohyun, not wanting to wake the other girl up, gently removed her arms and took a pillow as a replacement. She tried to stay silent as she walked her way out.

She walked to the fridge, looking for food to prepare. Perfect. Eggs, bread, bacon, butter, milk and orange juice. She placed the items on the counter, and looked for a frying pan. "Where could she could put them?" She said softly, frowning.

She opened the door near the fridge, and found few pans, all in different sizes. She takes the two smallest ones. Turning on two rounds of the stove, she beats four eggs, puts butter on the two pieces of breads and pours milk in a cup. and orange juice in another.

She pours the beaten eggs in the first pan, and puts four slices of bacon in the other. Frying noises echoed in the small apartment.

"Joohyun?" A familiar voice surprised her from behind. The corners of her lips lifted up. "Why are you smiling?" Jenna pushed her long messy hair behind her shoulder, her eyes half-opened, and a red pillow mark on her left cheek.

"Nothing. Good morning." Joohyun turned back to the food that she places in plates. Two plates. "I made breakfast, hope you'll like it." She placed the first plate in front of Jenna who obviously needed more sleep, and the other one right under her nose.

"I'm not hungry, but thank you." Jenna took a bite of the food. She had better breakfast before, but for some reason, she was really - like more than just really - happy to eat what the other had cooked for her. "It's fine."

They didn't talk, and before she could notice it, both of them had finished their plates, which led them to the sink. "Jenna..."

"Yeah?" She rinsed her plate under the warm water, not leaving her eyes from it. "Thank you for letting me stay."

"It's no problem. You can stay longer it you want."

Jenna insisted, but the latter's heart broke into pieces when she heard those four words...

"I have to leave."