18 | joohyun

Slowly opening her eyes, she felt observed. Like someone was staring at her. And there was... Soft brown eyes looking right back at her own.

She covered her face with her hands. "Why are you stating at me?" She groaned, and a laugh escaped the boy's mouth. "Because I think you're beautiful..." He pushed away a strand of hair.

"Ah- Can you not?" Joohyun blushed as a smile formed behind her hands. Her heart was beating fast in her chest and fireworks were exploding in her stomach. "What? I am just answering your question."

"What time is it?" Joohyun asked, feeling more embarassed than ever. "I really have no idea- Lost track of time watching you sleep like this." Sehun smiled, seeing the girl roll her eyes. "You're adorable, do you know that? Even when you act all tough."

"Have you always been like this?" Joohyun looked up at Sehun, locking gaze with his hypnotizing brown eyes. "Only to one girl: You." The girl pouted.

Suddenly, she noticed something. A very subtle little detail. "Did you change you hair color?" The boy nodded, pulling a dark lock of his. "It got a bit longer too. And I like it- You look more mature."

They were having a staring contest until the door opened. "Sehun, is your girlfriend staying for supper?" It was the boy's young looking mother. "Awe, wait a second. Stay like this- I've got to take a picture!"

The teens looked confusely at the woman who took out her phone off her pocket and put it back in after the shutter. "Come'on, supper is ready. We're having lasagna. Then later, we'll be having movie night. Is it alright for you..." The woman stopped, as she thought she didn't know her son's girlfriend's name.

"Joohyun. My name is Joohyun." The girl in question said, smiling. "You have such a pretty name! Are you perhaps Korean too? Oh, I'm Sooyoung- Sehun's mother. But you can call me mom too..."

Joohyun's heart started racing in her chest. Never before she had felt motherly love and affection. She even wondered how she was born.

She had always lived with men. Whenever they were married, for some reason, their wives were never at their house or would just ignore jer presence.

"Mom." She whispered, earning a weird look from Sehun's mother- which she, fortunately, didn't see. Sehun, who had his eyes on his mother gave her the I'll-tell-you-later look. The woman smiled, and approached the two to pulled them by their arms.

She sit them down and placed a plate in front of Joohyun. Then, she started filling it with her infamous lasagna. "Eat a lot, okay. My lasagna is pretty famous around." She patted the girl's head, smiling.

"Yes... Mom." She said again.

Her heart skipped a beat again.