A Blind Man

Mia
Mom has been hoping for a grandchild and she has been less than subtle about it at every family dinner. Barney lets me deal with my mom and I watch as he tries to change the topic. She has tried with Kate and Elliott, but it doesn't work on them. They tease her about never having children and that kicks off the conversation about what a blessing they truly are. They just tell her that they know people who say they are nightmares to have. Then they tell the horror stories they have heard. I am definitely not telling them anything at this point because I would get smothered with major hovering at this point by my mother. The OB/GYN told us that my pregnancy was a miracle and I need to be stress free.

Barney
I wished mrs Grey would stop nagging Mia about having a baby. We decided to wait to have a baby because she is working on starting her own business. It is getting difficult to keep having dinner with them and hearing the questions regarding when we are having a child. So we are going to change the topic if they bring it up again. They will soon get the point that we don't want to discuss our procreations with them. Mia insisted that we keep the pregnancy under wraps until we get to the point where it can't be hidden. I think we are past that point after seeing Kate eyeing Mia's baby bump.

Elliott
I hear it every dinner about when Kate will become pregnant and I think she's getting as tired of it as Mia is. Christian has no wife at all so they were on him about finding a wife. Anastasia was a contender but he wasn't ready to be called daddy by any child. It was a sad thing too, because that little girl got attached to Christian and made the mistake of calling him daddy. Kate says that Anastasia has sworn off dating until Angela is old enough to understand that she can't call men she dates daddy.

Kate
I just ignore the questions about having a baby by all the people who ask me. Mom and dad on both sides are really pushing for grandchildren. If they looked closer they might notice that a very pregnant Mia is keeping her baby bump hidden from them. Elliott is pushing for us to have a baby soon. I am not ready yet and I told him three years. He seemed happy with that number and agreed to it. Anastasia is working her butt off at GEH and Angela is in the childcare center and they really have good people there to care for great children. Elliott started his shortly after GEH did so his employees would have convenient reliable childcare services at all hours of the day.

Grace
Carrick has pulled me aside and told me to back off of the pressuring the children to give us grandchildren and to stop harassing Christian to get married. So I am stopping, but I know Kate's parents are going to say the same things about their children giving them grandchildren. It's what we do as potential grandparents.

Carrick
I am trying to keep the peace during family dinners but it is very hard with such a diverse personality pool. Unfortunately my wife wants grand babies and so does Kate's family. Christian pretty much had an instant family but didn't like being called daddy by his girlfriend's adopted daughter, so he just stopped seeing her and the child. It was better for them both because he wasn't ready to play daddy and he didn't want to confuse the issue. He just wasn't ready to be tied down. It's a good thing that the young lady took in her friend's baby and adopted her, granted she signed legal documents agreeing to doing that very thing. She had no idea the girl was pregnant already and she found out when the baby was left outside her dorm room. That's how she found out about the documents she signed, granted she could have allowed the baby to be adopted by someone, she chose to adopt her. At 18 years old she had a month left before she got her final degree. Her friend knew that she would do as she was asked legally.

Christian
I can't believe mom is still trying to set me up as I look at her recent choice of dates. Does she really want me married so badly that she chooses young women by age, weight, height and because they are single and my age. Elliott's been giving a good ribbing about this one, but away from her and my family. He said that mom must not care what her grandchildren look like or even if they are smart enough to understand the English language. This another one of mom's friend's daughters that she was talked into inviting her to meet her single billionaire son. This girl is a pampered princess and granted her mother is a beauty contest winner trophy wife, the father is a multi millionaire who knew that he could marry such a woman. This girl looks just like her father, it is sad that she can't have his brains as well. She has her mother's brains and she just can't hold an intelligent conversation. At least Anastasia was the whole package and Angela is very smart and very pretty. I guess I shouldn't have allowed her calling me daddy scare me off. She won't talk me at this point. Dad told me that I was stupid for walking away without having a conversation with Anastasia because she can't always control what comes out of Angela's mouth. Mom told me that there might be other women with children, but those children might sabotage any relationship that their mother tries to have. She then tells me about a few incidents of it that she knows about personally. She has told me she is sorry about this setup when she went to hug me goodbye. She had never seen a photo or met the girl so she wasn't prepared for what was arriving tonight.