An Unplanned Birth

Christian
I am tapping my fingers on my desk as I am in the labor and delivery room where I am waiting on an ex who has claimed that I am the father of her unborn babies. Mom and dad are here waiting with me and we have a lab tech waiting to get the DNA testing done, well there are two different companies who are doing the testing. The mother is paying for hers and I am paying for mine and there is a court appointed company doing an independent one. A mediator was brought in to assure that we stopped fighting and we were ordered to do these three tests. Mostly because there are billions of dollars that might end up in the babies hands and if they aren't mine I need to make sure they aren't getting money that is rightfully my heirs. I looked at my calendar and I definitely was dating her at 5he time she conceived.

Grace
They have delivered three babies and each one has been swabbed and a vial of blood taken so they can run the tests on all three of them. We follow the babies and the lab techs to the nursery and they get the swab of Christian's and his blood as well. I look at all three boys and they are identical triplets. Carrick has taken photos of the babies and they look like Christian.

Carrick
Christian I hope you have things ready to go and you have a custody hearing so you can get visitation and child support thoughts along with bodyguards to keep them safe. We are suddenly made aware that Devon Howard has just been rushed to the OR due to excessive bleeding. We watch as the lab techs rush to get the samples tested. Bodyguards are placed at the nursery to assure the triplets aren't kidnapped. This case was highly publicized. How they got the information was obvious and obviously someone's father was being nosy and heard Kate talking to Elliott about this and he ran with it. So now we have NDA's signed by everyone. Kate was pretty mad that her father started this snowball rolling. Devon was a schoolmate of Kate's and she had warned Christian about her, but it was too late. Christian keeps who he is dating under wraps, but Kate found out about it and told him that she had been trying to find a way to marry a wealthy man and she planned to get pregnant by one and marry him or have his children. Here we are waiting for the OR doors open.

Grace
The surgeon has finally came out and called for miss Howard's relatives and no one has shown up. I come forward and tell them I am her children's grandmother and they give me the bad news. She bled out and there was nothing they could do to save her life. They were aware of the paternity suit and it was in the works. I mean it was all over the papers and tabloids and made it to the tv stations. Now there are paparazzi outside the hospital and all our homes waiting for information. Now we have to speed the DNA tests up, at this point Carrick has called Christian's attorneys and put in an emergency guardianship for the three boys. I can see CPS employees swarming the hospital now. They have the documents ready and signed by the judge who ordered the mediation to place a temporary guardianship until the DNA comes back one way or the other. People are lining up to adopt them in case they aren't Christians boys. Right now they are Howard baby A, Howard baby B and Howard baby C, they won't let Christian sign the birth certificate until DNA proves it.

Christian
I paid to get the DNA test done quickly but because their mother died they are being very thorough and meticulously slow. Jason ordered people to go with the lab guys to assure no one s reps with the tests. It's his job to be suspicious of everyone that might have a hidden agenda. Gail has everything put in place if it turns out they are my sons. I have to leave and get some documents checked and signed so I leave mom and dad here to assure no one tries to take the boys.

Three days later the boys need names and are being released from the hospital so my home is in a flurry of activity along with new employees moving into the staff quarters and I am officially giving the boys their names. Charles Carrick, Christian Trevelyn and Collin Elliott Grey, mom had me add the Howard before the Grey last name. At this point we are still waiting for all three DNA tests and I finally just had mom find an out of state DNA testing lab and we got them to do the testing there. It was overnighted and they sent the test results to me, mom , my attorney and the courts to the judge who got me the guardianship. He added the DNA test proving the boys were my sons to the court files each were incorporated into the transcripts of the court when we settled it by me appearing before the judge. Now I will be called daddy by three boys.

Mia
I can't believe Christian was actually the father after everything I heard about Devon and Kate has told me a lot more about her behavior. She told me that her big ambition was to snag one of the billionaires in the United States and she made sure she was at parties they attended. She had a way of getting invited and to wear a designer dress and shoes and recently jewelry as well to the event and get them advertising amongst the elite. I can see that working, but she missed the nerd billionaires that don't attend those parties because they like keeping a low profile like my Barney. Our children will have cousins to play with. Elliott is keeping a low profile along with Kate because they don't want to be asked when they will have a baby? Kate has told me they have been trying to have a baby but nothing is working.