A Blessed Day

Elliott
For some reason I couldn't sleep and as soon as I woke up my phone rang. It was the caseworker and she wants Kate and I to meet her at the hospital right away. I wake Kate up and tell her that mrs James needs us to meet her at the hospital and quickly.

Kate
I shower and get dressed as quickly as I can and we are out 5he door as soon as possible. Elliott and I have only been on the list for six months, so I have no idea why we are meeting mrs James at such an early time. We arrive and she is waiting for us at the door and she takes us to an office and we are waiting for two other people to arrive. We watch as a very young couple arrive in the room. There are tears in both their eyes and we are introduced to them as Shawn Smith and Debra Wallace they are two 14 year olds that are giving up their babies because they can't afford to keep them. I feel very badly for them both. Their parents are forcing them to give up the babies. We go look at the twins who have just been moved to the regular nursery. A little girl and a boy are lying there and are very tiny.

Mrs James
Shawn and Debra were sent to me when their parents got abusive and the police were called. We had to place them both in foster homes to keep them safe. At this point they are available to adopt because the courts took their parent's rights away from them. They feel that they need to be with someone who can love and take care of them. It is a sad situation and it was getting worse as you can see the teens had no means to care for their children. The twins were given up by the young parents who had decided that they want better for their babies. They wanted to meet you and talk about what they hope for their twins in the future. They would like photos of each of their birthdays if that is okay with you two? Normally I wouldn't allow this kind of thing but I think that it would ease their minds that they made the right choices for their twins.

Elliott
As I look at the teens I can see myself right before I was adopted by mom and dad, I wasn't as old, but I was malnourished and beaten. So we agree to get photos of the twins starting from today's pictures for them. We talk about everything and I am not surprised by some of the things they have told us. Kate is holding in her tears and Debra is inconsolable but she signs the papers and we get them the photos and we leave with the children. It was hard taking babies from mere babies themselves. Chelsea Grace and James Elliott Grey are able to leave the hospital with us. We had a few of my staff get everything set up for the twins and get them newborn clothing to wear. Our first night was exhausting because we sat watching the twins for anything that might happen or they might need.

Kate
I didn't know it would so brutal to meet the young parents and know that they gave up their babies so they could have a better life than they could ever give them. It was a cry fest and we got photos of the babies and then the parents with their babies and finally with us holding the twins and all of us including the caseworker. It was sad but it was for the twins to have a good home where they would have everything they needed. Everything was ready at house when we arrived home, we had car seats from the hospital because they were given by parents who lost their baby. Something that I didn't need to hear. It started me crying all over again. We donated money to the children's charity the hospital is always collecting for. The twins were so tiny and they are always hungry.

Grace
I watch as Kate and Elliott leave with the newest Grey babies. I head back to help give the babies parents an examination to make sure they have healed from the injuries they got from their parents. Dr Green was there as well to assure Debra has healed from having to give birth on the street. It was because of that we became involved in their lives. They decided that they didn't want their children to suffer because they had nothing. Mrs James moved Kate and Elliott to the front of the line because of my interactions with the young parents and I was one of the few they trusted. They actually looked into our family and decided to have their caseworker reach out to Kate and Elliott after hearing they were trying to adopt. They might be young but they are smart in some ways. Getting pregnant wasn't a good move. But even geniuses birth controls fail. I am glad the twins went to Elliott and Kate, I am sure this will make their bond stronger. They were finally healing from the pain of not getting pregnant and the possibility of never having their own babies. Carrick and I went through a dry rough time just like it.

Carrick
The final adoption papers were signed and we had a celebration and took photos of it. Kate sent copies to the biological parents, she made a promise to the parents to keep them updated by photos and a letter of their achievements as they accomplished them. Not sure if that is a great idea or not. The triplets are really getting big and Christian is a great single father. Women are less likely to get close to him knowing they have to love his sons and his sons have to love them. No boarding school for his boys. One young woman was pretty much set on marrying Christian and she made a comment about finding a boarding school for the boys and she was very close to the engagement ring being put on her finger and that was the last time she was allowed near any of us. Anastasia has been close friends with Kate and she has Angela who is now 7 and at first I thought an 18 year old college student might fail at being a single mother but she rose to the occasion. It was the best day of both Anastasia and Angela's life when her mother gave her daughter to Anastasia to raise. I like Anastasia and wished that Christian would have married her because they were just a good match. They still have little to do with each other to this day.