Chapter 4: The big speech

(3rd POV):

The three teens were able to find the auditorium, but the place was packed to the brim with people. Zane and Ruby would have would've stayed at the back if a certain blond hadn't called for them.

Yang: Hey guys! We saved you a spot!

Ruby: Oh! Hey Jaune, we have to go.

Zane: Cya later!

Jaune: Hey wait! Ah great, where am I supposed to find nice, quirky friends like them?

Back to the other two, they made their way to their older siblings. Ruby seemed to remember that they ditched her and Zane, seeing how she now looks mad at Yang.

Yang: How's your guys' first day going?

Ruby: You mean after you guys ditched us?

Zane: I exploded.

Jac: Already!?! *Mumbles* I thought that would happen later.

Zane: No, I literally exploded. There's a huge hole in the courtyard.

Yang: *To ruby* Is he being sarcastic?

Ruby: I wish! We tripped over some crabby girl's luggage, and then she yelled at us, and then I sneezed, and then I exploded Zane by accident, and then she yelled at me, and I felt really, really bad, and I just wanted her to stop yelling at me!

Weiss: YOU!!!

Ruby: Ah no, it's happening again.

As she says this, she jumped into Zane's arms, making him hold her bridle style. The two didn't even notice the position they were in due to them focusing solely on Weiss.

Weiss: You're lucky your boyfriend was there, otherwise we would have been blown off the side of the cliff.

Jac: Oh Oum, you really exploded.

Ruby: It was an accident.

Zane: And were just...

Near his last words, Zane realized the position they were in, Ruby was still oblivious though. Acting fast, he quickly put her down, having a slight blush while doing it.

Zane: ...friends.

As Weiss continue to bicker at Ruby, Yang pulled the young male to the side with an intimidating glare. All the while Jac was taking the place of helping out Ruby. (Basically what Yang did in that scene)

Yang: So what's this about you and Ruby dating now?

Zane: Oh nononono don't get the wrong idea. She just keeps saying that I'm her boyfriend but we're not actually dating.

Yang: Uh-huh, but say you are, how would I know you won't hurt her?

Zane: Well, hypothetically if we are dating and I ever hurt her...*inhale* I would let you kick my ass.

Yang was surprised by his answer. She was expecting something cliche out of him but hearing him say that almost gave her some relief, but she still decided to push it.

Yang: Y'know, most guys would have said something like 'I would never harm her' or something like that. Do you really want that to be your answer?

Zane: If there's one thing I know is that nothing is ever certain. *Yang rises her eyebrow* Sure I may not try to hurt her, but that doesn't mean it'll never happen. So yes, I stand by what I said.

Yang was impressed, her first imprecation of the boy was that he was childish and brash; now that she's seeing a more mature side to him was a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. She smiled at the teen, telling him that she liked his response.