Chapter 17: Best Day Ever

(Zane POV):

I was sitting against a tree with a book in hand. I had a button-up plaid shirt, clean blue jeans, and well-combed hair. I pushed in my glasses but felt a strange heat, one I had felt before. Suddenly, someone covered my eyes and I pretended to be surprised.

???: Guess who.

Zane: Hmm, it couldn't possibly be my girlfriend.

The girl sighed and it was revealed to be Ruby, who looked about 18 or 19 and was in a white summer dress.

Ruby: You always know.

Zane: It's a talent.

Ruby chuckled and gave me a peck on the cheek. She sat on my lap and started to read what I was reading, but not with much interest. She looked at me with sad eyes, like it was the last time she was going to see me.

Zane: What's wrong?

Ruby: It's just ... if I went away, would you find someone else?

Zane: Wha? Ruby, why are you-

Ruby: And don't give me an answer you think I wanna hear! Give me a real answer! I won't judge you.

Zane: ... Something bad happened, didn't it?

Ruby: (Sigh) Yeah. Oz has to take me away for training and ... I don't know when I'm coming back. I don't want to be one of those girls that makes you wait for me to come back so ... (sheds a few tears) i-if you c-can't w-w-wait that l-long then-

I shut her up with a long, passionate kiss. She kissed back and cupped my cheek while I gently held her waist, completely forgetting what I was doing before. We separated and she looked at me confused while I just smiled.

Zane: I get what you're saying, but you forget two things. One, I don't have the most extraordinary luck when it comes to women. Hell, to this day I can't fathom how I was able to win you over.

Ruby: Hehe ... and the other thing?

Zane: I love you and there's no amount of time I'm willing to wait for you to come back.

Ruby didn't say a word and just kissed me again, with way more force. I was knocked to the ground and Ruby started to kiss my neck, even rubbing on me a little. I got the idea and blushed from it.

Zane: R-really? Right here?

Ruby: You pushed my buttons. Besides, we did it in way riskier spots.

Zane looked away with a perverted smile, knowing she was right. He gave in and they started to rip their clothes apart lightly.

(3rd POV):

While everyone else was sound asleep, Zane was kissing his pillow, with a lot of tongue. He opened his eyes and realized what he was doing, throwing the pillow off the bed in disgust. He looked at his teammates and breathed a sigh of relief that they weren't awake yet. He thought back to the dream, the happiness he felt, the drive to make her smile, and the rush of the kiss, all flooding back into his head.

Zane: ... It's probably nothing.

(Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Zane playing she loves me, she loves me not with a rose)

(Zane POV):

It was lunchtime and everyone was doing their own thing. Yang was catching grapes from Nora, Blake was reading notes, Ash was balancing a spoon for about 10 minutes, etc. I wasn't hungry, so I just poked my food while thinking of ... her. Ever since that dream, I can't get the image out of my head. She's my friend, I shouldn't be thinking of her like that! Sure Yang said it was cool to date her but that doesn't mean Ruby would even want to date me. My train of thought was interrupted by Rai poking the side of my head.