Chapter 5: Initiation day

(Zane POV):

The sun hit my eyes, forcing me to wake up. I used my hand to cover them to let my eyes adjust to the new morning. Feeling sloppy, I rose up with a hump on my back. I stretched my back, hearing a crack with it, waking me up slightly.

I went to the cafeteria to get a small breakfast. I say that, but I guess the cooks get paid really well because it's like an all-you-can-eat feast. I eat and drank enough to fill myself up but I saved a muffin for Jac.

After that, I went to the boy's bathroom to take a quick shower and brush my teeth. I got into a different set of clothes while in there, which was a blue t-shirt with my leather jacket on top and my gun holster under it along with loose combat pants and boots. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done.

Zane: I should see how Jac's doing.

I went to the cafeteria to see if he was eating, but he wasn't. I went to the locker room to see if he was getting his clothes, but he wasn't. I went to the auditorium to see if he was there, but he was...just sleeping still.

Seriously, we have our initiation today and he decides to sleep in! Typical. Then again, almost everyone is already awake so they properly wouldn't care if I were to...wake him up.

(Timeskip brought to you by chibi Zane holding a bucket of water and pan, grinning)

I opened my locker to see Silver Star leaning in it. I got it out and examined its edges and insides, looking as great as ever.

Zane: Today's the day, don't disappoint me...what am I saying, of course, you won't *kisses the blade*

Suddenly, I was slapped in the back of the head, not really that painful but still hurts. I know that slap anywhere.

Jac: That's for this morning, jackass.

Zane: Oh come on, aren't you glad I woke you up?

Jac: If it was just the water, maybe. But the pan was too much.

Zane: *Rolls eyes* Whatever.

Jac went to the locker next to me, opening it and getting his arm-length weapons out. He strapped it on both his arms and prepped every function in the arm. I loaded Silver Star in its gun form with various dust bullets.

Ruby: BOO!!!

Zane: AH!

I pointed Silver Star at Ruby's head out of instinct, scaring both of us. I didn't pull the trigger, thank Owm, so I quickly put Silver Star in my holster.

Zane: Don't do that! I could have killed you!

Ruby: I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

Zane: It's fine.

Yang was right behind but she didn't seem to notice what happened, instead, she had her eyes set on someone else.

Yang: Hey bebe~

Jac: Morning baby~

They shared a long kiss, a little too long. Ruby was rightfully disgusted, as was I. They're acting as if they hadn't seen each other in years...well they hadn't, but that's not the point.

Zane: You two been separate for a night. Get a room already.

They finally separated and had their own time together with their backs towards us, pretty much leaving us alone. I expected this but not this fast.

Zane: So it's just us then.

Ruby: Yep*pop*. So who are planning to be partners with?

Zane: Jacs' my first option but you're differently a close second. No offense