Chapter 9: Final stretch

(3rd POV):

Everyone made it to the cliff and all decided how to take care of the whole Grimm fiasco. Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang will take care of the Nevermore. Jaune, Nora, Pyrrha, and Ren have the Deathstalker. That leaves Zane, Rai, Jac, and Ash with the incoming hoard.

Ash: *Scoped with his rifle* 500 feet.

Rai: Are we seriously gonna fight this thing head-on?

Jac: You have any bright ideas?

Rai: Hmm. *Snaps* I got it! We'll hide in the trees! Grimm can't climb, right?

Jac: No, that's just a stupid myth. Even if it wasn't, are you suggesting that we just hide and let everyone else handle it?

Rai: Well, what else can we do!?!

Ash: 400 feet.

Zane: *Snaps* I got an idea!

Jac: Great! It'll be 100 times better than the last one.

Rai: *Sarcastic* Oh haha.

Zane: Ok, picture this.

Zane: Rai will make a wall of fire just as the Grimm get here

Zane: Rai will make a wall of fire just as the Grimm get here. Hot enough that they would burn the moment they go through.

Zane: From there, all we have to do is just lure them into it

Zane: From there, all we have to do is just lure them into it. Most of them will die and the rest that survives should be easy pickings.

Ash: *Unscopes* That...could actually work.

Rai: Seriously?

Jac: Yeah! Grimm sends in the weaker ones in the front lines so that the stronger ones have an easier time. So yeah, that could work!

Zane: Well Rai, what'd you think?

Rai: I-I don't know. I mean, I've never done something like that, but it's not impossible. I can try.

Zane: Then you better charge it up! Ash, how far?

Ash: *Rescopes* 350 feet.

Zane: Alright Rai, you know what to do.