Chapter 23: New Mission and Promises

(3rd POV):

At an arcade in the middle of Vale, Roman and his assistant, Neopolitan, headed inside to be greeted by a bunch of little kids running around yelling. Neither of them didn't look like they wanted to be there, a fact Neo made clear when she gave Roman the stink eye.

Roman: He's here, trust me.

Neo crosses her arms.

Roman: What?

Neo raises her eyebrow.

Roman: What, you don't think he's worth it? I wouldn't have you do that errand for me if I didn't think so too.

Neo rolled her eyes and they both walked in further, looking for their guy. In their search, they found a guy much older than the other kids playing on an arcade machine. He had brown skin, purple hair, sunglasses, a purple jacket over a bright blue shirt, and rolled-up jeans.

 He had brown skin, purple hair, sunglasses, a purple jacket over a bright blue shirt, and rolled-up jeans

???: New high score!

Roman: *Mumbles* This kid better be worth it. *Out loud* so your Echo?

Echo: Hmm? *looks back to them* Yep, the one and only. What's a famous criminal like you doing in an arcade, Tourchwick?

Roman: It's Mr. Torchwick, thank you very much, and I'm looking to hire a certain guy. He's a pretty famous bounty hunter with a knack for always getting the guy you paid for. Sound familiar?

Echo: Ah. Well, let's talk about it over a bite. Hungry for pizza?

Roman: I'm good.

Echo: Suit yourself, man.

Echo led them to a table far away from the machines, giving them privacy. Echo was munching on some pizza while Neo glared at him, seriously doubting what she heard about him. The staring didn't go unnoticed by Echo, who kindly offered a slice but she pushed it back.

Echo: Not the talking type huh?

Roman: Excuse my assis-

Neo stomped on his foot.

Roman: Ow! Ugh, partner Neoplitan.

Echo: Hehe. Alright, so who or what is it ya want me to handle?

Roman threw him a picture of Zane, the same picture that Cinder showed him, and Echo examined it while Roman spoke.

Roman: Zane Hacksmith. He's an annoying piece of shit that's hard as hell to capture.

Echo: He doesn't look that much older than me.

Roman: Well he is 15 ... or maybe 16 now ... whichever it is, he's younger than you. But don't let his age fool ya, he's just as, if not more skilled than most huntsmen I've faced.

Echo: Sounds like you'll pay a hefty sum for this guy.

Roman: We'll talk numbers soon, are you interested?