Chapter 8: Smooth landing

(3rd POV):

Everyone at the temple looked at the gun on the stone floor. Most were looking around the place to find any answers on this, including Ash, but he's started to see the world with a light grayish light.

While everyone was looking at the gun Blake and Jac looked up, but doing so they so immediate danger. A car surrounded by a purple light was about to crash on top of them. They screamed to get out of the way but Ash didn't hear the warning, only the yelling.

By the time he looked up, it was too late, the jeep slammed right on top of him. The barrier around it broke almost instantly so Ash felt the full weight of the machine hit him head-on, killing him.

However, this was all from Ash's perspective and as soon as he saw his lifeless body, the world's colors came back and everyone was back to where they were just a couple of seconds ago. Everything played out like last time, except Ash knew the outcome and decided to act first.

Ash: LOOK OUT FROM ABOVE!!!

Everyone looked up to the sky and saw the jeep. Ruby grabbed Yang and used her semblance to get to safety, Ren and Nora ran away from it, Pyrrha got a hold of Jaune and ran, Jac jumped out of its way, and Ash tackled Blake for her safety.

The car made its way to the ground with the purple light shattering completely from impact and landed front side up then flopped back on its wheels. The dome around the jeep took most to all of the damage, so the jeep was still intact, but it won't run ever again thank's to the Nevermore.

Going to Blake and Ash, Ash was on top of Blake while she was on her back which put them in a rather...suggestible position. Ash realized this and jumped off of her while her eyes were closed. Ash stood there awkwardly until Blake looked up at him.

Blake: Thanks for the save.

Ash: N-no problem.

Ash offered his hand to Blake who patted off any dirt on her. The two then looked towards the jeep that came out of the sky, as did everyone else. No one really wanted to go near it since it might explode, Jac took that risk but still kept a far distance.

Jac: Hello! Anyone in there!

Rai: I LIVE!!!

Rai screamed out from the driver's seat with his arms high in the air. Aside from a little blood trickling down his head, he was fine and dandy. Jac was taken aback by his cries and had so many questions to ask, but decided to ask most of them after this was over.

Jac: Are you okay?

Rai: HAHA! See I told you that we would be fine if we just stayed here!

Jac: Is he deaf from the fall? *waves in front of his face* Hey bud!

Rai: Huh! *Looks at Jac* Who are you? What happened?

Jac: Jacob Hacksmith. And I don't know.

Rai: Wait, Jacob? You're Zane's brother!?! *mumbles* I thought you'd be taller.

Jac: Zane!?! You know where he is?

Rai: He's right *points to the back*...there.

Rai thought he would be in the backseat similar to him, but he wasn't. Rai was confused at first and thought he might have jumped out but Jac had a sneaking suspicion that he was still here. The older brother looked directly at the backseat and what he saw was his worst fear come to life.

Jac: Zane!!!

Rai: Huh. *Looks with him* HOLY SHIT!!!

By this point, everyone felt brave enough to go near them so everyone heard what they said but not why they said it. They both saw Zane with a mangled body to the point it hurt to even whisper. His leg's bent in the complete opposite direction, his left arm was dislocated, his right arm had a piece of his bone sticking out, and his rib cage was broken and puncturing his lungs making it hard to breathe.