Chapter 13: Jaundice

(Zane POV):

My team, RWBY, and JNPR are all sitting in the cafeteria, listening to Nora's recurring dream. I noticed that Jaune seemed upset about something, probably about Cardin. Cardin has been bullying Jaune for a long while now and I think it's starting to get to him.

Nora: So, there we are! In the middle of the night...

Ren: It was day.

Nora: We were surrounded by Ursai...

Ren: They were Beowolves.

Nora: Dozen of them!

Ren: Two of 'em.

Nora: But they were no match! And in the end, Ren and I took them down and made a boatload of selling Ursa skin rugs!

Ren: *Sigh* She's been having this recurring dream for nearly a month now.

When the story ended, Pyrrha thinks now is a good time to bring up the situation. It's funny, to an outsider's view you can tell she has a crush on her leader and yet Jaune's none the wiser. Seriously, how can you not tell someone has a crush on you?

Pyrrha: Jaune, are you okay?

Jaune: Huh? Oh, yeah!

Ruby: It's just that you seem a little... not okay.

Jaune: Guy's it's fine really. See. *Gives a fake smile and thumbs up*

Zane: It's about Cardin, isn't it?

Jaune: Who? Cardin Winchester? Nah, He just likes to mess around! You know, practical jokes!

Jac: No. He finds people that he sees as inferior to him and torments them to boost his own ego. He's a textbook bully.

Jaune: Come on, name one time he bulled me?

Blake: That time he made you drop your books.

Ash: There's that time he used your sheath to block a door and knocked you down.

Rai: And how could we forget the locker incident?

Jaune: I didn't land that far from the school.

Zane: The point is that we're your friends and if you need help, there's no shame in asking for it. Besides, you're not the only one that gets it.

Nora: Yeah! We'll break his legs for ya!

Jaune: Uhh thanks? Wait, What'd you mean 'not the only one'?

Zane: Let's just say being 5'7 is very funny to him.

Ruby: *Slams table* What did he do!?!

Rubys' sudden outburst surprised all of us, me especially. It was a bit of an overreaction since all Cardin really does is tease me. Ruby must have realized this because her face turned red and try to avoid eye contact.

Ruby: *Timid* J-just asking a-as a friend.

Yang/Jac: Suuuuuure~.

Jaune: Guys really, it's fine! Besides, it's not like he's only a jerk to me, he's a jerk to everyone.

We all turned to see Cardin pulling on a girl's rabbit ears. Jaune was right, but it didn't make it right. I heard a spoon bent right beside me, it was Jac. I knew he hated people like him but we both knew doing something about it would just make it worse.

Pyrrha: Atrocious. I can't stand people like him.

Blake: You're not the only one...

Yang: It must be hard to be a Faunus.