Chapter 10: First day

(Zane POV):

I looked towards a battlefield filled with screams and destruction. My body was much bulkier and older, much older, and was wielding Crocea Mors instead of (W/N), it somehow felt like it was just made. I looked back and saw a lineup of young soldiers, who were trying their best to not appear scared.

Zane: I can sense your fear! All of you wished you weren't here. I know this feeling all too well. I want nothing more than to go to my wife and children. At the same time, if I can sense this from you then there's no doubt that the enemy can as well. They will use that to their advantage!

Some of the young men started to shake in fear, as expected. I know why they're here, most fought for their kingdom, to prove that they're real men, or that they had no choice but to fight. Whatever each of their reason was doesn't change a thing, they had to remain strong in front of danger.

Zane: We don't fight for ourselves. We fight for our kingdom! That goes for everything and one in it! Your home. Friends. Family. All of it! We fight now so that they don't suffer tomorrow!

They started to whisper to either themselves or someone next to them. Crys of war from across the massive field were heard from everyone and they almost immediately got cold feet. I pulled Crocea Mors out of its sheath and readied my offense and defense.

Zane: Will some of you die? Yes, of course, some of you will! But I'll tell you this, Bravery isn't the absence of fear but turning it into an ambition! The ambition to live, to fight, to make a difference! So when I say you'll be remembered for your bravery, I truly mean that!

Everyone let out a yell, telling me that there more than ready now. The opposing army charged forward and my men got in position with their different weapons.

Zane: Are you ready to serve your kingdom!?!

They all shouted yes sir.

Zane: Are you ready to fight!?!

The answer was the same but way louder.

Zane: THEN FIGHT!

My men and I charged at the enemy, the run was long but our will kept us to the end. But as we're about to collide, an annoying ringing comes out of nowhere and everything slowly goes dark.

My heterochromia eyes shot open and I was back in my room. I looked to my left and saw my scroll alarm ringing for 6:30. I picked up my scroll, pressed disabled, and stretched my arms a little to wake myself up.

My mind lingered on the dream I just had. I have had plenty of weird dreams before, but this one was different, it felt so real like I was really there. Then again, it's probably nothing. I rubbed my temples so my eyes could adjust to the sunlight and got out of bed.

I notice that everyone else was still asleep, of course. Classes started at nine so I guess letting them sleep a little more wouldn't hurt. I was about to leave for breakfast until I saw speakers on top of a table. They were Rai's so they can be very loud.

Loudspeakers?

A sleeping team?

A scroll with an earape version of Brings Me To Life.

...

Zane: he ... hehehehe.

(Small timeskip brought to you by chibi Zane with soundproof earmuffs and a chibi team _RAJ with bloody ears)

(3rd POV):

Team (Y)RAJ is sitting in the cafeteria in their Beacon uniforms. Zane was drinking his coffee with a muffin, Rai was grumpily eating a fancy-looking omelet, Jac was eating pancakes with bacon, and Ash had toast with butter.