Chapter 7: To the temple

(3rd POV):

Glynda and Ozpin are standing near the edge of Beacon Cliff, observing everyone's progress. While the blonde huntress observed everyone equally, Ozpin seemed to be looking for someone in particular.

Glynda: The last pair has been formed, sir. Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren. Poor boy, I can't possibly imagine those two getting along. Still, he's probably better off than Miss Nikos.

Ozpin: Mmmm...

Glynda: I don't care what his transcripts say. That Jaune fellow is not ready for this level of combat. I guess we'll find out soon enough. At their current pace, they should reach the temple within just a few minutes. Speaking of which, what did you use as relics this year? Professor Ozpin?

Ozpin: What of the Hacksmith brothers by any chance?

Glynda: I really don't see what's so special about those two. *Sigh*Jacob Hacksmith has partnered up with Ashmen Williams. They're close to the temple.

Ozpin: And Zane Hacksmith?

Glynda: He's with...that's odd. The drones can't find them. You don't think-

Ozpin: No. He still would have shown up. He most likely got paired with Rai Azar considering he's also missing and somehow went off the radar.

Glynda: Are you sure?

Ozpin: With no doubt in my mind.

(Ash POV):

After an eternity of walking, we made it to a weird-looking temple with multiple podiums making a semi-circle. There were two people already down there, a girl in mostly black with a bow on her head and a blond in mostly leather.

Jac: YANG!!!

Jacob ran to the blond known as Yang and gave her a deep kiss. Guess that's his girlfriend. They stayed like that for a few seconds, breaking it off for air...only to start again. I look over to the dark-haired girl as if she could give me any insight on what to do. All she gave was a shrug.

Ash: Um, Jacob *They stop kissing to look at me* shouldn't we be looking for the relics?

???: They're up there.

The black-haired girl point's up at the podium with a deadpan expression. I don't know why, but I find her really attractive, thank Owm for the mask. Anyway's, Jacob and I went up the stairs only to find...chess pieces?

Ash: Are these the relics? Chess pieces?

Jac: Guess they're budgeting this year.

I shrugged and grabbed a black bishop and put it in my pocket. Jacob picked up a black queen and inspected it a little. He flipped it lightly in the air with a dumb smile on his face

Jac: Lucky me, I'm the king!

Ash: That's a queen.

Jac: Eh, still royalty.

Suddenly, we heard a high-pitch scream coming from the woods. It must have been that red-tipped girl Jacob was talking about, Ruby I think her name was.

Yang: Guy's, that girl is in trouble

Ash: Should we help out!?!

When I turned to Jacob, he was staring at the sky. I looked with him to see a Nevermore with two girls on its back.

 I looked with him to see a Nevermore with two girls on its back