Human : Chapter 1

Human

                                                     Chapter 1

                                                     Darkness

Everything was dark my thoughts slowly returned to me and I could feel my aching head I could hear what sounded like footsteps on a hard concrete floor and metallic banging sounds in the distance I regained feeling in the rest of my body and I slowly opened my eyes I looked around and noticed that I was in a small windowless room with a small bed and a small toilet there was a metal door with two small openings one near the top and one at the bottom, I walked over to the door and looked through the opening near the top and I could see a large room with several floors the room had countless metal doors like the one in my room lining the walls of each floor and there was a large tower in the center of the room that had metal walkways leading up to it from the floor and glass windows near the top, it was clear that I was in some kind of prison but before I could see anymore a soldier stepped in front of the door "You're finally awake." the soldier said as he slid a tray of food through the small opening near the bottom of the door "Enjoy asshole." the soldier said as he laughed and walked away, I knelled down to pick up the tray of food and see what was on it on the tray was what looked like pieces of rotten meat with a small cup of dirty water I put the tray down and slumped over into the bed as I lay there millions of thoughts rushed through my head "My Mom and my Dad are dead, what is the Federation, what's happened to the rest of the world?" I was overwhelmed by a feeling of utter helplessness I let out a sigh as I laid there in the bed.

I lay in the bed occasionally tossing and turning while the hum of the overhead light in my cell was the only thing I could hear just then I heard a loud metallic bang I got up and walked over to the cell door to see what was happening I looked through the hole in the door and could see a group of soldiers entering the cell block "This is bullshit!" one of the soldiers shouted "What happened?" another soldier asked "I got in trouble, apparently I was being unprofessional!" the first soldier replied "Ha, poor bastard." the other soldier said "Shut the fuck up and open one of the cells!" the first soldier said "Need to let off some steam do ya, well I'm sure nobody will mind." the other soldier said as he walked over to a cell pulled a keycard out of his pocket and slid it into a reader next to the cell door the door then opened and I could hear the prisoner within begin to yell "No don't please!" the prisoner pleaded "Come here asshole!" the soldier yelled as he entered the cell and threw the prisoner into the cellblock just then all of the soldiers proceeded to mercilessly beat the prisoner, the beating went on for what seemed like forever until the prisoner finally stopped moving the soldiers then tossed him back into the cell and closed the door before locking it with the keycard and walking away, I stood there in my cell shaking horrified at what I had just witnessed I slowly backed away from the door before crawling into the bed, I laid in my bed shaking as the reality of my situation became clear I was trapped in this cell.

I've been here for days the soldiers continued to slide food into the cell only one meal a day at first I was reluctant to eat the food they were giving me but I soon realized that this is the only food I would get so I eventually ate the food, the food wasn't fresh to say the least I puked my meals out more than enough times I used the toilet in my cell to piss and shit the beatings continued as well soldiers would enter the cell block pissed off at something only to take their anger out on one of the prisoners sometimes they would come to the cell I was in to let off some steam they would open the door and enter the cell sometimes I tried to hide under the bed sometimes I tried to fight back but it was all for nothing after they were done they would walk out of my cell and lock the door leaving me beaten and bloody on the floor I would lay on the bed and think about everything that was happening it seemed like I would never get out of this cell.