Human : Chapter 39

Human

                                                   Chapter 39

                                                     The Nest

I rose from my bed and stood up before I noticed that I was still holding the large tree branch I had used to fight that Demon I placed the large tree branch on my dresser before I winced in pain as I looked down at my right leg and saw the cut where that Demon had hit me I placed my hand on my suit's chest piece and my suit opened I entered my suit and my suit closed around me I then used a first aid vial to heal the cut on my right leg before I pulled out my assault rifle and opened the door to my room and stepped through it I closed the door before I began moving towards the hangar I made a quick stop at the cafeteria for some food before going to the bathroom and stepping out of my suit to piss and shit and once that was done I removed my clothes and used the shower to wash up I then stepped out of the shower dried myself off and put my clothes back on before I walked over to the sink and brushed my teeth and once that was done I entered my suit before leaving the bathroom and walking down the corridor I then entered the hangar and made my way towards the command room where I could see Nitro "Good you're here, I've got a mission for ya if you're ready." Nitro said "Yeah I'm ready." I replied "We've intercepted a Federation transmission, apparently the Federation have some sort of secret facility located somewhere in Thresha." Nitro said "Do we have any idea what's at this facility?" I asked "No clue which is why I'm sending you out there to find out what it is." Nitro said "Right." I replied "The transmission said exactly where this facility is the pilot knows where to take you, go there and find out what the Federation is hiding." Nitro said "Understood." I said as I turned around and made my way to the crate of ammunition and refilled my ammo before I walked towards the transport the back door of the transport opened and I boarded the transport and sat down "Take me to Thresha." I said "You got it Josh." the pilot said, I then looked up and could see Skitter standing in front of me staring at me just then he rushed towards me and attacked me, I quickly moved to avoid his attack before looking back and see that Skitter was no longer there I then took a deep breath as the back door of the transport closed and the transport took off and flew out of the hangar it then soared across the sky as it made it's way towards Thresha.

The transport arrived in Thresha as it flew towards the ground and landed the back door of the transport opened and I stepped off of the transport the back door of the transport then closed I then activated my communicator "Nitro it's Josh, I'm here." I said "Alright Josh, the facility should be just southeast of where you landed get over there." Nitro said "I'm on my way." I said as I deactivated my communicator and suddenly I could see Valeria along with several Ghosts just then they rushed towards me and attacked me, I ran from them as I began moving southeast but as I was moving an Angel suddenly appeared it had gold eyes and a halo on it's head it had an axe in one of it's hands and a shield in the other I fired at the Angel but it blocked my bullets with it's shield the Angel then rushed at me before attempting to strike me with it's axe I evaded the Angel's attack before I extended my blade and plunged it into the Angel's back the Angel screamed in pain before it's body went limp and it disappeared I then retracted my blade before I continued moving.

I moved through the open countryside until I looked ahead and could see something in the distance it looked like a building I moved towards the building until I eventually reached it I looked and could see that it was a small building with a door with a keycard reader next to it I walked up to the door and slid my keycard through the keycard reader and the door opened I stepped through the door and entered the building inside the building were several lockers that were empty there was garbage scattered around the floor I then noticed a computer on the wall I walked up to the computer and inspected it I looked at the screen and could see that there was a message on the computer I began reading the message "This is it we've been given orders to abandon the site all personnel are to evacuate the area, this was supposed to be just a simple task bring any Hybrids that were rejected from the lab in Russia and dump the bodies here but obviously not all of them were dead the Hybrids have now grown too strong the nest is crawling with them we had used a crane to suspend a container full of explosives directly over the nest and all we would have to do is drop it on the nest if things ever got out of control but we never expected things to get this bad we can no longer reach the crane the entire area is crawling with Hybrids, we cannot risk staying here any longer this will be our final message." the message read, I looked around the building and could see Stahl and Vex standing in the corner staring at me just then they rushed towards me and attacked me, I jumped to avoid their attack when I saw another door with a keycard reader next to it I walked up to the door and slid my keycard into the reader the door then opened and I stepped out of the building was outside again.