Human : Chapter 32

Human

                                                  Chapter 32

                                                  The Depths

The Vectum ship flew across space I sat in the chair and watched planets, stars and asteroids fly past me in the blink of an eye after awhile the Vectum ship began to approached Earth I thought about the Vectum ship landing somewhere close to the Resistance base in Scotland and as the Vectum ship entered Earth's atmosphere I could see that the Vectum ship was approaching Scotland I then noticed that the Vectum ship was approaching the Resistance base I sat in the chair as the Vectum ship approached the Resistance base the Vectum ship flew towards the Resistance base before it landed just outside of the Resistance base I looked out through the window and could see several Resistance fighters approaching the Vectum ship the stairs that led out of the Vectum ship unfolded I unplugged my Hacking cable from the Vectum ship's control console I then retracted my Hacking Cable before I approached the stairs and looked out and could see several Resistance fighters standing around the Vectum ship with their weapons raised I then walked down the stairs and stepped off of the Vectum ship I then looked at the Resistance fighters "Oh hey fellas how's it going?" I asked, the Resistance fighters lowered their weapons before they looked at eachother with confused expressions I then began walking towards the Resistance base, I reached the Resistance base and entered the hangar I then my way to the command room where I could see Nitro "Josh where the fuck have you been and what is that thing you flew here on?" Nitro asked "Nitro I've had a rough day alright." I replied "What the fuck happened?" Nitro asked "You wouldn't believe me if I told ya." I replied, Nitro looked at me with a confused expression before he sighed and spoke again "Well you're here now and that's what important, anyway I've got a mission for you." Nitro said "I'm ready." I said "We just intercepted a Federation transmission that was talking about the Federation's oil rig, we've been searching for this thing for years but now we finally know exactly where it is." Nitro said "Where is it?" I asked "The Arctic Ocean, the Federation has it's oil rig in the Arctic Ocean I want you to go there find it and destroy it, your best bet is to first shut down the pressure regulators and then disable the fire suppression system that should cause the whole thing to blow." Nitro said "Sounds good." I replied "There's just one problem the Federation's oil rig is well defended the transport won't be able to take you directly to it instead the transport will drop you off near the oil rig and you will make your way to it on foot" Nitro said "You mean the transport is gonna drop me off in the middle of the Arctic ocean?" I asked "Yes if what Skitter told me about your mission together in Switzerland is true then that suit of yours is air tight and you should be able to enter the water no problem." Nitro said "That seems risky." I said "Well there's really no other option we can't get our transports anywhere near the Federation oil rig without them being shot down so this is the best we got." Nitro said "Alright." I said "I know you're worried but this is the Federation's oil rig we're talking about here, if you pull this off we'll have struck a major blow to the Federation." Nitro said "Right." I said "The pilot knows where to drop you off, get to that oil rig and destroy it." Nitro said "Okay." I said as I turned and walked up to the crate of ammunition and refilled my ammo before I walked towards the transport the back door of the transport opened and I stepped aboard the transport and sat down "You know where to drop me off?" I asked "Yup I'll take you as close to the Federation oil rig as I can, you'll be on your own from there." the pilot said, I then looked and saw several Ghosts standing just outside of the transport just then they rushed towards me and attacked me but before they could reach me the back door of the transport closed the transport then took off and flew out of the hangar as it made it's way towards the Arctic Ocean.