Human : Chapter 4

Human

                                                     Chapter 4

                                              First Assignment

The other Resistance fighters went ahead of me each of them received an assignment from Nitro before eventually I stepped into the command room where Nitro turned to face me "Alright Josh I've got your first mission ready for you." Nitro said "I'm ready." I said "There is a Federation research center on the outskirts of Bristol in England, your mission is to destroy the Federation research center." Nitro said "You're sending me out there by myself?" I asked "It's clear that you're capable of taking care of yourself so yes you will go to the Federation research center and destroy it." Nitro said "Okay, I'll do it." I said "Good, take this communicator so we can give you orders from here you can also use it to report back to us and to call one of the transports to pick you up" Nitro said as he pulled a small device out of his pocket and handed it to me, I took the device and put it in one of my pockets "You can take one of the transports to get to England, just tell the pilot where you want to go and he'll take you there, oh and don't forget to tune into the correct channel to talk to us we're on channel seven" Nitro said "Alright." I said as I turned around and walked out of the command room "Oh one more thing Josh." Nitro said as I turned around to face him "Don't forget your suit." Nitro said, I nodded as I made my way through the base, I walked through the base before I arrived at my room I opened the door and approached my suit I pulled the device that Nitro gave me out of my pocket before I placed it on my dresser I then place my hand on my suit's chest piece and my suit opened I entered my suit my suit then closed automatically I then picked the device up off of my dresser and looked at it I thought about how to use the device "Communicator huh." I thought, I then placed the device on my suit's helmet and the device attached itself to my suit's helmet before a message appeared in my helmet's visor "Communicator installed." the message read "Oh cool." I said, I then pulled out my assault rifle before I exited my room and closed the door behind me I then made my way back to the hangar, I arrived at the hangar and began walking towards one of the transports I then noticed a crate full of ammunition I walked up to the crate and grabbed some ammunition from the crate and refilling my ammo I then noticed a weapon next to the crate of ammunition I picked up the weapon and inspected it the weapon was a shotgun with a wooden stock and two barrels made of metal that were side by side "Sweet." I said as I put the shotgun in my inventory, I then made my way across the hangar before I looked over and noticed that Mayhem was following me she walked beside me before speaking "Well you're a Resistance fighter now lad." Mayhem said "Yeah." I said, suddenly I noticed someone approaching us they were wearing a white shirt and black pants that had several pockets on them and black boots they were tall they were wearing grey armour that completely covered their body their helmet had what looked like a large mouth with sharp teeth while the rest of their helmet was featureless they had a strange device attached to their armour and they were carrying a strange gun just then the person began to speak "Mayhem I'm finished with my tasks." the person said, I could tell by the person's voice that they were male "Good work, by the way this is our new Resistance fighter." Mayhem said "Nice to meet you, I'm Skitter." the person said "I'm Josh." I replied "I look forward to seeing what you can do Josh." Skitter said as he turned around and walked away, I was about to continue walking towards the transport when suddenly another person approached us the person was a woman with white skin and short black hair and brown eyes she wore a black shirt and black pants that had several pockets on them and black shoes she wore grey armour and she had a sword in a sheath on her waist the woman then began to speak "Mayhem I'm back from my mission." the woman said in a Romanian accent "Welcome back, by the way this is our new Resistance fighter." Mayhem replied "Nice to meet you, I'm Cydaea." the woman said "I'm Josh." I replied "Welcome to the Resistance Josh." Cydaea said before she walked away, I turned back towards the transport and began moving towards it again and once I was at the transport the back door of the transport opened and I stepped aboard as Mayhem began to walk away "Good luck out there Josh!" Mayhem said as she walked away, I sat down on the seat and told the pilot where I wanted to go "Take me just outside of Bristol in England." I said "You got it." the pilot replied as the the back door of the transport closed the transport then took off and soared out of the hangar and flew across the sky towards England.