EPISODE 23

��� RAVEN CAFE ���4pm....

Iris sighed for the nth time as she walked into the manager office to sign in her time card. Castillo was there but he was busy on his phone. When she was done, she was about to leave when he called her back... She turned and walked over to him.

"Sit down.."He said and she sat on a chair.

"What's with the mood?"Castillo asks looking at her.

"Nothing.."She said sadly.

"Did you have an argument with Enzo?"He asks and she nodded.

"And it's because of me?"He asks again.

"It's not your fault Castillo, Enzo finds it hard to trust me. I'm not doing anything wrong.....my anger is that he tried to...."Iris paused before she would spill that Enzo tried to hit her.

"He tried to what?"Castillo asks.

"Nevermind."Iris said standing up to leave.

"Do you love your job? You might be forgetting that I'm still your boss."Castillo said plainly.

"Well....he tried to hit me."Iris said.

"He tried to what!!!! So Lorenzo still hits girls. It's not new news to me anyways."Castillo said.

"What do you mean?"Iris asks.

"Nothing. Just be careful around him...and if we being close is the reason why he would get angry at you then I'll keep my distance......."

"No..no...no"She rushed at him.

"Why?"He arched his brows.

"Cause....like I said it's not your fault."Iris said.

"So you still want me close to you?"He whispered walking closer to her.

"Umm...yes."

"Like this close....?"He asks standing in front of her. His face was very close to her while they kept their contact.

She slowly bit her lips and looked away.

"You can't even look me straight in the eye for long. Am I that handsome?"Castillo asks now standing erect and she turned sharply to him with wide eyes.

He chuckled.

"Just take care of yourself....for me. Don't let him hurt you and the minute he lays a finger on you,make sure you tell me."Castillo said. "Am I understood?"He asks.

"Yes."She said and left the office.

Castillo sat down and heaved a deep sigh.

"Am I doing the right thing?"He asks holding his chest.

**********

Anna looked at the card in her palm and then at the building in front of her which had RM Cooperation bodly engraved on it. It was the calling/business card Cole gave her in Mexico. She walked into the office and everyone was busy running up and down, doing their work.

She walked to the receptionist at the lobby who was busy with her laptop.

"Excuse me.....I'm looking for Cole."Anna said.

"Sir Cole? He's in a meeting. Do you have any appointments with.....oh, there's his secretary."The receptionist said and Anna turned to the lady behind her.

"Hello,I'm looking for Cole."Anna said.

The lady looked at her from head to toe and roller her eyes. Why did she do that? It's not like she's looking or putting on rags. She's actually dressed nicely.