Chapter 9

My body aches as I step off the field, Coach had us running suicides for, well I lost count. I sit down at my locker and try to rub out some of the pain in my legs. My phone dings with a text from my mom. I'll answer that later, but all I can think about is the gorgeous blonde with freckles dusted all over her face. I click her name and send a text asking if she wants to study biology together tonight, hoping she says yes. "Riley!" I look up and see a younger player Mason calling me. "Yeah?" he smirks throwing a shirt over his shoulder, "heard your little blonde has been getting around the hockey team" I roll my eyes looking at Mason. This moron doesn't know when to shut up. I stand up towering over him. "And who told you that?" he backs up hitting the lockers, "Jacob said they've been hooking up since summer, said he's got some photos." Mason winks and I see red. 

I move quickly pinning Mason against the lockers with a slam, my fist collides with his face, and my knuckles rip open against his jaw, I pull my fist back but Brett grabs me pulling me off him. "If I hear that come out of your mouth again, you're fucking dead" Mason spits onto the floor wiping the blood the blood from his face. Brett places a hand on my shoulder "Calm down man, he's just playing into some stupid rumour." I shake my head. "I'm so confused, she wanted nothing to do with him at the party, how are there pictures if she said she's never spoken to him before that." Brett shrugs looking back at Mason who's scowling at me. "Ask her, that's all you can do." I shower and get Brett to drop me at Ellie's on our way back. "I didn't think she'd agree to let me come over," I confess to Brett. "Hey man, take her as she comes." I nod hopping out of his truck and knocking on the door. Some girl with dark brown, almost black hair answers, she's pretty but nowhere near the girl who's waiting for me inside. "Oh my gosh, I wasn't expecting you, you can come to my room." I give her an awkward smile and show some confusion. I have no idea who she is, I look past her to see Ellie sitting on the stairs. their house is small, but cute, very Ellie. "Actually, I'm here to see Ellie." I move past the girl, and she scoffs at me almost closing the door on my arm. She storms off and hits Ellie on the way up the stairs. "Hey sweetheart," she blushes while smiling showing me her dimples. You have no idea how beautiful you are to me, Ellie. "Come on, it's better to be in my room, Lauren doesn't need to find any other reasons to hate me." I nod following her up. She's got a hoodie and shorts on and my eyes go straight to her ass. It's perfect, curvy and pear-shaped, bouncing with every step. God, I wish I could reach out and put my hands on her, make her feel good, just like I've been dreaming of. "Colton?" she gives me a questioning look from the top of the stairs. "Yeah sorry." I follow her up and enter her room. Seeing it during the day makes it look so much different. It's white with little accents of blue everywhere, there are pictures of her dogs and the beach everywhere. Her bookshelf stands out even more than last time. "So I've been reading that book you gave me." she smiles but her face turns red and she covers it with her phone. "And how is it." I lay down on her bed and lowered her phone from her face. Her blue eyes look straight at me but she quickly gets nervous, avoiding eye contact, "you are one dirty girl sweetheart." she grabs a pillow from behind her and smacks me on the head with it. "Am not! It's just a little romance, grow up Colton." 

I back up laughing and shake my head, I reach into my bag pull out the book and start reading to her in a girly voice, "Take me, Thomas, ive been waiting for you. She opens up her legs allowing me to see-" she throws another pillow at me. "Colton give me the book!" she reaches out to grab it but I keep moving it away, she's now on the edge of the bed with her smile beaming up at me. She reaches for it again and almost falls off the bed letting out a little yelp but I catch her, holding her waist with my hand, her chest is pushed up against me, her eyes meet mine and I can feel her breath on my lips, I'm instantly hard being this close to kissing her, she places her hands the back of my neck and pulls me closer she smiles "Colton," she whispers, "yeah" I let out breathlessly, almost a moan our lips almost touching. "Thank you" She snatches the book out of my hand and falls back on the bed. "You! I'm gonna get you for that." she backs up and starts laughing so hard. Ive never seen her like this, radiating happiness. "Come on that was funny." she giggles, with her dimples showing. She ties her hair up into a ponytail. Fuck me. I will be thinking about holding her hair while fucking her from behind tonight. "So you wanted to study" she asks. "Um yeah, yeah" I grab my things and we place them on her bed. After a few hours of studying. Well, she studied I watched her. She looks so cute and focused leaning against the wall and looking down at her book, her soft blonde hair draped over her chest as it rises and falls with her breaths. I take my phone out and snap a picture. "Ugh creep." I laugh and put my hand on my heart looking offended by her words. "It's for your profile picture on my phone." her cheeks grow pink and she grabs her phone pointing the camera at me, I stick my tongue out and cross my eyes. "Here, what about one together." she nods reaching to let her hair down. I put my hand on hers stopping her. "Leave it" 

"But Colton I look awful right now. I laugh at her comment, "That's actually impossible, you couldn't look bad if you tried." she rolls her eyes and smiles at the camera with me we take a few selfies. Oh, I'm so posting this. I tuck my phone back in my pocket "Where is the washroom?" she tells me it's just down the hall on the left so I walk over but there's someone in there. 

I wait and the door opens with Lauren coming out surprise hits her features and she comes closer to me. "I knew you'd come looking for me at some point." she puts her hands on my chest and I back away grabbing her wrists and putting them down at her sides. "I'm with Ellie," I say to her sternly. Man, she's crazy. As I enter Ellie's room, the sight of her sleeping form brings a sense of calm over me. Her features, usually animated with thoughts and emotions, are now softened in slumber. Gently sitting beside her, I watch her for a while, taking in the rise and fall of her chest with each peaceful breath. Yet, beneath this serene exterior, I sense a subtle tension, a hidden depth that she hasn't fully revealed. She gives me this feeling like she's not telling me something, I mull over the thought, my gaze lingering on her sleeping face. It's not just the peacefulness of her expression that strikes me; it's the unspoken words, the stories she hasn't shared, that linger in the air between us. I reach out to brush a stray strand of blonde hair from her face, my touch feather-light as if not to disturb her sleep. A part of me wishes she would open up, share the burdens she carries, and let me in completely. But I understand the delicacy of trust, the fragility of baring one's soul. I want all of her burdens, all of her secrets, all of her. I want to be the one she trusts with everything, the one she turns to when the weight of the world feels too heavy. I want to understand her fears, her dreams, her past, and her future. I want to be the one she chooses to share every part of herself with. Every part.