Chapter 33

I spent the day with Millie, trying to distract myself from the emotional turmoil I've been feeling. She convinced me to let her do my nails, and I have to admit, they do look pretty good. But now she's insisting that I come to the football field, which seems odd, but I trust her enough to go along with it. So, I park my car and make my way through the doors out to the field, calling out for Millie but getting no response. Then, a dark shadow emerges, and I feel a surge of fear until Colton reveals himself.

"Colton, what's going on?" I ask, my heart racing as he takes my hand and leads me through the stadium to the first level of bleachers. When I step out, I'm met with the sight of hundreds of candles forming a heart around a little table, and I can't help but cover my mouth in excitement. Colton remains silent, just leading me down to the field where the candles create a magical glow around us.

He grabs a box from the table and gets down on one knee, and my heart feels like it's about to burst out of my chest. Opening the box, he reveals a stunning ring with a gold band and a smaller oval diamond on top. It's absolutely gorgeous, and I'm speechless as he begins to speak. "Ellie, I always thought it would be difficult to find someone who will love me when I'm always scattered in a thousand pieces," Colton's voice is steady yet filled with raw emotion. "It's like trying to complete a puzzle when you don't even know if you have all the right pieces. But then you showed me that love can exist in the most imperfect and broken places." I feel tears welling up in my eyes as he continues, his words touching the deepest parts of my heart. "I promise you that love will be just as beautiful, whether you're in a thousand pieces or just one. You are my everything, my soulmate, and I could not imagine going through life without you by my side."

His words resonate with me on a profound level, reaffirming the depth of our connection and the strength of our love. "I will protect you with every last cell in my body because you will always be my better half," Colton's voice carries a conviction that stirs my soul. "And when you hurt, I feel it deep in my bones. I will do my best to make sure you know I love you every day because I never want you to have to question how much I need you." The warmth of his touch and the sincerity in his eyes melt away any doubts or fears I may have had. "You are my lover, my best friend, the sunshine on my bad days, and my reason for getting up every morning," Colton's words wrap around me like a comforting embrace. "You came into my life and changed me, made me want to do better and try harder. And for this, I love you until the very end, and I will give you my all until my very last breath. Will you, Ellie Kennedy Barlowe, do me the honour of becoming my wife..."

I can barely contain my joy and excitement as I choke out my answer, "Yes, yes, oh my god, Colton, yes!" He slips the ring onto my finger, and I feel like I'm floating on cloud nine. He lifts me up, spinning us around in a whirlwind of happiness and love. Our friends cheer from the bleachers, adding to the magic of the moment.

As Colton puts me down and holds my face in his hands, I know that every broken piece of me has been mended, and I've never felt more whole than in this moment. "You will forever be mine," he whispers, and I know that this is just the beginning of our beautiful journey together. add that Colton picks her up and runs her into the endzone screaming touchdown.

As Colton places me back down, his eyes locked on mine with a mixture of love and excitement. Without a moment's hesitation, he scoops me up again, and we run hand in hand towards the endzone, his voice booming with joy, "Touchdown!" We laugh and cheer together, surrounded by the glow of the candles and the love of our friends.

In that exhilarating moment, I feel like I'm flying, carried by the sheer bliss of knowing that I've found my forever in Colton. As he gently sets me down, we share a passionate kiss, sealing our promise to each other amidst the cheers and applause of our loved ones. This moment, filled with love, laughter, and the sweetest kind of magic, is etched into my heart as the beginning of our happily ever after. He leans down to me kissing my lips gently, "Can we try for future Coltons tonight as a celebration?" I laugh smacking his chest and walking down the field, "Come on... I thought you wanted to celebrate. she motions for me to follow her 

"Yes!" he runs up to me wrapping me in his arms. "Mine" "Yours," she whispers and I kiss her head.