Chapter 22

Coltons POV

The past few days have been absolutely incredible. Ellie's been busy with reading and baking alongside my mom, while I've indulged in a lot of football and cuddling with Buttercup. But today, today is Christmas, and I will forever act like a kid on Christmas.

I woke Ellie up with kisses all over her face, shouting about Christmas like a kid who just discovered Santa's been here. "It's Christmas, Ellie! Wake up, it's Christmas!" I couldn't contain my enthusiasm as We both hurriedly slipped into the matching pyjamas my mom had lovingly picked out for us. The soft fabric felt comforting against my skin, but it was Ellie who truly made the pyjamas look like they belonged in a holiday movie scene. Her tousled hair gathered into a loose bun, framed her face and showed off all her gold jewelry.

Bounding down the stairs, we were greeted by the delightful sight of my mom holding steaming mugs of hot chocolate. The nostalgic aroma instantly transported me back to childhood Christmases, filled with warmth and laughter. Ellie's eyes lit up at the sight, and I couldn't wait to add to her excitement with the gifts I had prepared.

Handing my mom her presents, I watched as she unwrapped them with a gleeful expression. Her joy was infectious, and Ellie and I shared a glance, knowing that the best was yet to come. When it was time for Ellie's gift, I felt a mix of nerves and anticipation.

As Ellie carefully unwrapped the gift, revealing the jewelry box inside, I held my breath. Her reaction was everything I had hoped for and more. The golden heart locket, engraved with "to my sweetheart, forever and always," brought tears of joy to her eyes as she hugged me tightly.

"Oh, Colton, it's absolutely beautiful," she murmured, her voice filled with emotion. I gently moved her back, urging her to open the locket. Inside were pictures of her beloved dog Blue and us from a memorable day at the beach. Her hand flew to her mouth, her eyes shining with happiness.

"You like it?" I asked, a mix of excitement and nerves bubbling inside me.

"I love it, Colton," she whispered, her smile lighting up the room. "Thank you so much."

With her wearing the locket and a smile that could outshine any Christmas light, I knew this day would be one we'd remember forever.

Ellie's excitement was contagious as she reached under the Christmas tree and retrieved a beautifully wrapped blue rectangular box. "Now, if you don't like it, I'll return it," she teased playfully, her eyes sparkling with anticipation.

"I'm not going to return it, Ellie," I chuckled, feeling a mix of curiosity and joy. With gentle hands, I untied the ribbon and lifted off the lid, revealing an envelope with my name elegantly written on it. Ellie's eyes met mine, silently urging me to open it, and I couldn't help but wonder what surprise awaited me.

Slipping the envelope open, I found two NFL tickets for the LA Rams game next Sunday. My breath caught in my throat as I realized the significance of this gift. "Oh my god, I've never been to a game before, Ellie. This is... holy shit, sweetheart," I exclaimed, my heart racing with excitement. Growing up, attending a football game had always been a dream, but it was one we could never afford. "You like it?..." I scoff. "Ellie of course I like it"

"Look under it," Ellie blushed, her cheeks tinted with a rosy hue. Handing the tickets to her momentarily, I lifted the blue layer of cardboard beneath. There, nestled beneath, was a gold bracelet with the date "09.24.23" engraved on it—the day we started dating. It was a perfect match for the chain I wore, a subtle yet meaningful reminder of our love. Something I can wear on the field.

"Oh, baby... I love it," I murmured, feeling a surge of emotion. Unable to contain my excitement, I practically tackled Ellie to the ground in a tight hug, my heart overflowing with love and gratitude." oh my god Colton! Im not a football player!" she yells. My mom, witnessing the tender moment, urged us to smile for a photo.

Ellie turned to the camera, her eyes shining with happiness, and I couldn't resist planting a soft kiss on her cheek, a silent expression of my love and appreciation. "Oh, that's so sweet, you two," my mom commented, capturing the essence of this precious moment.

In that moment, surrounded by love and warmth, I realized how fortunate I was to have Ellie and my mom by my side. I get up and bring both of them in for a hug kissing their heads. "My favourite girls."