𝐋𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐛𝐚𝐚𝐫 , 𝐒𝐓𝐋

no one's pov

   "And that's the fifth straight series win for the Birds on the Bat!" Chip Carray, the St. Louis Cardinals announcer, had spoken through the TV speakers surrounding the bar. Everyone around the pub took their attention off the flat screen device in anger of their hometown team getting swept by their rivals.

The two best friends kept staring at the TV once the post-game interview game on and the player of the game was getting interviewed, who happened to be Lars Nootbaar, the Cardinals right fielder.

"He's too hot." Y/N directed to her friend, Avery, who gave her a mean mug look.

Avery shrugged at Y/N's words, "I'm more of a DC type of gal", which made the two girls giggle together.

"Whatever about that. It's 6pm on a Sunday with no work tomorrow and our team got swept by our rivals and I need to get drunk before I go thinking about how I could get a chance of banging any MLB player." ranted Y/N, as she got up from her barstool.

time skip - 2 hours later so 8pm

A big crowd has surrounded the entrance of the bar with the two curious best friends sitting down in confusion.

"What's all of that russel about?" asked the H/C girl as she gave the crowd a glare with how much noise was made within the past 5 minutes.

"I dunno', maybe it's some players from today's game coming to get druuunk." Avery said, which. Y/N took in a joking manner.

"Hah— that's funny. I wish though." Y/N said, as she slouched down in her stool.

Avery glared at Y/N and gave a chuckle at how slow her friend processes stuff with it being very obvious there was someone clearly famous standing 10 feet away from them.

"Not joking, Y/N this is a 5 star rated, famous pub in the middle of the city of Chicago and famous people make private events here all the time." Avery spoke as Y/N had a shocked, but happy expression plastered all over her face as she tried to make herself now look sober.

"What." was all that came out of her mouth, as she tried fixing her hair, makeup, and shirt in all under a minute.

Avery laughed, "This is the first time in 2 months that this place isn't closed due to occasions taking up the schedule." as she referred to the place being so crowded.

"Oh." Y/N spoke, as she turned her face back to her friend, "Do I look fine? Am I trying too hard? Is my outfit too—"

"Is the Jeppson's Malort as woody as everyone makes it sound......or is that just a little lie to tourists so the home town kids can have more to themselves?" A deep voice spoke followed behind a laugh as the voices seemed to made themselves comfortable near the nerve-racked girl.

"Oh shit." Y/N blurted out as she turned over to meet eyes with the one and only .....

Lars Nootbaar, with his teammate, Nolan Gorman, by his side.

The two MLB players had a laugh at the girls reaction along at her friend who stood right beside her with the same face.

"Aren't you supposed to be stuck in that crowd?"

"Nope, just Goldy and Nado stuck back there since they're just older and so much better..."

The two sat there in silence for a second before    Y/N decided to speak up again.

"You're .... literally an MLB player who travels at least three times a week and you never had the Jepp?" She spoke as she finally snapped out of her daze.