Chapter 44 - Fangs of the Black Wolf: Reunited

— Roxy Migurdia —

After discovering the location of Zenith and Lilia thanks to the Great Empress Kishirika, our group consisting of Elinalise, Talhand, and I immediately set forth south towards the Millis Continent and eventually Millishion, where Paul and his group were hopefully still stationed.

That was nearly half a year ago.

The journey wasn't particularly difficult with our combined adventuring experience and fighting power, as well as my knowledge of the Demon Continent, but we still felt a sense of urgency due to Zenith's precarious position.

With our timeline lining up perfectly, we were able to cross the Great Forest shortly after the end of the rainy season, though we could tell that something odd had happened in Zant Port... ah, well, that wasn't our problem, so we ignored it.

Quickly making it to Millishion, upon entering the grand Adventure Guild headquarters, we were quickly met with the shocking news that Paul's group, the 'Fittoa Search and Rescue Squad', had been disbanded.

Luckily, we were able to find out it wasn't due to Paul's death, but that still left us in an unfortunate situation, unsure of what to do next.

Which was where we found ourselves now.

Sitting in a bar, pondering over our next move.

"Well... I guess we're shit out of luck, eh?" Talhand said, stroking his beard.

"It is quite inconvenient..." Elinalise muttered. "I want to get Zenny as soon as possible, but with a group this small..."

Indeed.

The Begaritt Continent, much like the Demon Continent, was a harsh land, full of monsters and bandits.

And unlike the Demon Continent, where I hailed from, none of us were knowledgeable about the land nor the customs.

So it would be an arduous journey, to say the least.

And even once we got to the labyrinth the two Greyrat women were trapped in, it would be presumptuous to assume that we had the firepower to clear such a place.

So... what now?

Would we hire someone?

We knew from Kishirika that Leon was in the Great Forest around five months ago, and considering how he had likely only stayed there for the duration of the rainy season, he was likely in the Central Continent by now.

Maybe we could go to him?

He would surely fill in the frontline attacker position we needed...

"You guys..."

As I heard a familiar male voice, all three of us turned to look at who had just entered the building.

"Paul?" Elinalise said, surprised.

"Elinalise... Talhand... Roxy..." he continued, stunned. "What the heck are you three doing here?"

"Searching for Zenny of course," Elinalise said, standing up. "We saw your message back in the Fittoa region right after that disaster occurred."

"Y-You guys... you were searching for her?" Paul asked, his words dripping with emotion.

"Yes," I nodded. "Speaking of, we found out that she and Lilia are alive, as well as all your children."

Paul sighed in relief. "I see... Leon didn't tell me he met you guys."

Huh?

What did he mean?