Chapter 1

I sit upright awaken by the delightful smell of English breakfast being prepared by the chef of the house, mum. Instead of going downstairs straight away, I decided to go on my phone for a bit, but obviously it's quiet because I have no friends yet, I'm still new around here.
Mum: Lexi!!! Come down for breakfast before it gets cold.
Me: Alright mum.
I toss my phone on my bed, got dressed into my new uniform and dash downstairs to greet the family. As I enter the dining room I realise that they've already started eating.
Me: Clearly you guys didn't care to wait for me
André: You took your fucking time
Mum: André! Language!.... Anyway, are you guys excited for your first day at school, Westminster Academy?
*silence*
Mum: Well.... Nice to hear that you guys are excited as I am
Courtney: Well i'm going to go..bye
André: Same
Mum: Guys are you sure you...
*Front door slams closed*
Mum: Ahhhh
Me: It's alright mum they come through
Mum: I know... Megan you like this area right?
Megan: Mum you know I hate it here, why bother asking... I'm just waiting for you to give me a ride
Mum: Fine...let's go then... Lexi? You coming?
Me: No mum, it's fine, I'll just take the bus, get to know the area a bit more
Mum: Alright sweetie, have fun
My mum's a hard worker, she pushes herself in her work too much, she always sacrifices a lot for us, even if it means putting her own life at risk. She's an accountant here in the city, when we moved here she got numerous of offers but she hasn't chosen a branch to work with yet.
I arrived at the bus stop waiting for the 255 I believe, until I see a group of girls walking towards me wearing the same uniform as me. Before they walked passed me I tried to search for my phone to act as if I was busy but then I realised that I left it on my bed...shit... So instead I just put my head down and avoided eye.
After a couple of seconds, I stupidly raised my head up a bit to early and witnessed the dirty looks they gave me, but luckily my bus came so I jumped onto it. I sat at the bottom deck as I felt it to be the safer option.
After a couple of stops, a group of boys got on. When I realised that they were from my school I immediately put my head down. Yet again I raised my head a bit too early and the last boy to walk up the stairs stopped to look at me for a couple of seconds then proceeded to walk up the stairs. He didn't give me a dirty look like the other girls did at the bus stop but, it was more of a look of analysing look. Was he looking behind me? Did he think I was someone he knew? Ohh or was it that he's never seen me before and I'm wearing the same uniform as him? Ahhh why am I so socially awkward! My brother and sister's aren't. They can walk into any school and instantly become popular. They had no trouble making friends at all. Back at Manchester I only had 3 friends out of the 15 years that I've lived there. Ahhh I could already feel that this is going to be a long day.