Chapter 46

We walk to the back of the warehouse and have to find a door that leads to the room where Andre is.
Connor: Alright here
Connor hands the boys a walkie talkie
Connor: With this, you can hear us automatically but we can't hear you until you press this button. When you hear we're in trouble then you come in for back up. Alright?
They both nod.
Junior: Ohh wait take these
He hands Connor a gun and hands me one to
Me: No no no! No way are we using guns
Connor takes it and puts it in his back pocket
Me: Connor!
Connor: Look you wanted to be apart of this, so we play it my way or you're leaving.
I could see it in his eyes he wasn't joking so I ignore him and refuse the gun.
Connor: Alright let's go
We enter the door slowly and quietly, Connor leads while I follow shortly behind. There is a long narrow corridor with gas pipes everywhere and the floor is wet. Connor gets his gun out and holds it in front of him while he walks.
Connor: Since you don't have a gun you have to stay behind me at all times
He says not taking his eyes off the ongoing corridor
Me: Don't kill anyone
*Silence*
Connor: I'll do what I have to do
We reach the end of the corridor and there's a door. Connor puts his ear against the door listening to the other side. He looks back at me and puts his finger on his mouth and pointed at the door indicating that someone is on the other side. He then mouths "wait here" then proceeds to slowly open the door. He walks in leaving the door half closed so I can't see anything that happens in it and anyone inside can't see me. A few seconds later I hear a choking sound then a loud thud to the floor shortly after. My heart is racing, that could be Connor. I'm panicking! I walk in palms sweaty and frazzled to the point my vision becomes momentarily blurry. I scan the room to see Connor placing a guard on the floor who he just made unconscious.
Connor: *whispers* What are you doing?
He says angrily
Me: *whispers* I thought you were in trouble
Connor: *whispers* And what would you have done without a weapon?
I look at the floor, he's right, maybe I shouldn't be here.. Doing this. I look back at him and he's gesturing another gun at me to take it. I hesitate for a while then he takes me hand and softly places it on my palm. We stare at each other for a few seconds, then the moment was disturbed by the sound of foot steps heading towards us. Immediately Connor grabs my arm and pulls me behind the door. The second the other guard entered the room Connor jumped behind him going to choke him but he was too slow instead the other guard has Connor in a headlock. Oh my God what should I do. My hands are shaking and I'm just standing here watching Connor get choked. I lift my gun up pointed at the guard ready to shoot, I steady my hands and...
*Bang*
Connor and the guard falls to the floor together in a loud thud. Did I..? Did I just...? I shot Connor!
Me: Oh my God
A whisper came out
Junior: Lexi! Lexi are you okay?
Junior says through the walkie talkie
I don't move, just stand there staring at Connor on the floor. I want to cry.. Burst out crying but that would do no one any good. With my shaking body I bend down and lift the talkie ready to reply when Connor groans and stands dusting himself as if nothing happened
Connor: Well he was heavy
I stand there mesmerised... What?
He takes the talkie and replies to Junior and faces me who is still in shock
Me: *Whispers* What th-
Connor: *Whispers* You didn't shoot, I did
He turns around and shows me the place where he shot the guard which was on his left lower abdominal. What! How?
Connor: *Whispers* Shot him from under my arm. Was struggling to get my gun from my pants
He said answering my unanswered question
Connor: *Whispers* Next time if you're going to shoot someone
He lifts up my hand which was holding the gun
Connor: Take it off safety mode
He did something to the gun which supposedly took the safety off. My hands were shaking, like vibrating.
Connor: Cold are we?
He joked and gave a little smirk.
Connor: Come on
He says in a soft calming voice. He grabs my hand and we walk down another long corridor.

After a while of opening doors, long corridors, going up and down stairs. We pause in front of an interchange.
Connor: Fuck!
He looks frantic and frustrated, furiously looking left and right at the two corridors we're standing in between.
Connor: *whispers* Ayy Junior
He says through the talkie
Junior: Yo yo
Connor: There's an interchange before the room which way do we go left or right?
Junior: Hold on
A few moments past, I then realised that Connor is still holding my hand, ahh how warm it is.
Junior: Go left
Connor: You sure?
Junior: Yeah yeah go down that corridor there should be a tech room, then find the storage room. Careful, there's a glass window to the main factory. If Trey is in there then he'd be able to see you.
Connor: Got i-
Junior: Ohh and there's more guards...Just a heads up
Connor rolls his eyes and pulls me down the corridor. Yet again he places his ear next to the door and gestures for me to wait where I am. He walks in and a few seconds later he calls me in. The room is empty, no guards, just a whole bunch of tech gear, guess Junior was wrong about the guards. There's a huge window on the wall facing some machinery and some guards standing beside it.
Me: *Whispers* How did Junior know where to go?
Connor: *Whispers* he's got a map
He says while knocking on the wall trying to find a hollow section. But there was none. Ahh Where could they be hiding him? I pace around the room until I trip on what seems to be a handle.
Connor: You okay?
He says not taking his attention away from the wall
Me: Yeah
I move the rug and there was a door leading down stairs. I pull the handle and see a hole with a ladder going down. Connor turns around looking shocked but angry.
I get in position and go down the ladder
Connor: *Whispers* Lexi don't!
But it's too late I'm already down the hole. It's pitch black and I can't see a thing.
Me: *Whispers* Connor pass me a torch
But instead the lights turn on. As my eyes adjust I see a guy tied to a chair all beaten up, bruises everywhere, his skin peeling, dried blood everywhere. I couldn't help but gasp. In response the guy looks up with his floppy head and stares at me.
Me: I-I'm sorry I'm looking for someone else.
???: L-lexi?
What? He knows me?
Me: How do you know my name?
I step back a little, closer to the ladder
???: I-I-It's Me A-Andre
Oh my God.
Tears started streaming down my check uncontrollably. Oh my God. I'm in so much shock I fall to the ground hands on my mouth. He.. He looks different! I didn't recognise him.. At all, he's all bruised up.
Connor: Lexi are you okay?
He says hurrying down the ladder
Andre: C-Connor?
Connor: Andre?
The look on Connor's face says it all. Pure shock.
Connor: We're getting you out of here
Andre: There's no use! There's guard everywhere
Me: No! We're here to get you out
Connor unties Andre and helps him by basically carrying him.

We're now speed walking down the corridors and I'm leading as Connor is occupied helping Andre walk.
Me: Daniel! Junior! We're half way there get the car ready
I say into the walkie
Connor: Come on man you gotta help me a little here
He says to Andre
Andre: I-I'm trying
But his legs look limp and weak as if they're not doing anything. We're now at the little room we came in first and the guards Connor made unconscious isn't here anymore.
Me: There's the exit! You guys go first
Connor: No Le-
Me: There's no time just GO!
They walks through the door and head outside. I see Junior and Daniel helping out by carrying Andre to the car. I could hear Daniel say "We actually found him". I follow shortly behind dropping my gun next to the exit door not needing it anymore. Then I feel cold rough hands drag me back inside. I tried to scream but my mouth was covered with big hand and his arm was wrapped around my neck choking me. Slowly I start to lose my breath and consciousness. I'm placed down next to a wall when the guy who grabbed me went to close the exit door. From what I could see he's a guard. Fuck! I tried to get up but I'm too weak. There's not enough oxygen in my blood to function properly.
Me: Heeelllpp
I say with a strained and inaudible voice. The guard walks towards me and punches me in the face.
Guard: That's what you get for shooting me.
I look at his lower abs and there is blood all over it. He's the guard Connor shot
Guard: You took Andre? I'm going to get killed by Trey you know that right? But if I kill the girl who he thought was dead I may actually be safe.
I'm not sure but I think he is grinning
Me: P-P-Please
Guard: Preserve your energy. I want to see you suffer
He points something at me... Is it a gun?... It's my gun! I close my eyes wishing he could get it over with. The longer he takes the tighter I close my eyes.
*BANG BANG*
Ohh God! It's happened. Have I been shot? Why can't I feel it? Is it all of this adrenaline? What's going on? I open my eyes and pat my body quickly to see if there is any blood but, I'm clear. When I look up I see Connor fighting the guard. They're fighting over the gun. Fuck! I tried to get up but there's no use, I have no energy. So I just scream but that is also no use as my voice is inaudible.
???: Come on Lexi! Get up
I look to my left and Daniel is standing there next to me lifting me up
Me: D-Daniel?
You could hear the confusion in my voice
Daniel: Yeah it's me, come on
He says while groaning, probably because I'm heavy.
Me: C-Connor!
Daniel: He's going to be fine, he's a big boy
He said still groaning
I felt angry, sad all sorts of depressing emotions because I was useless, felt useless. Connor is in there fighting for me while I'm here barely walking.
Daniel: Here you go
Daniel says while placing me in the back seat of the car with Andre then runs back to the warehouse with Junior.
Andre: A-Are you okay?
Me: I-I'm fine
Andre places his hand on top of mine
Andre: Y-You were very b-brave f-for what you d-did. I'm p-proud of you and f-forever g-grateful
Me: Y-you w-would have d-done the s-same for m-me
I place my head on Andre's lap embracing this brother-sister bond we have going on.
Junior: Alright let's go
Junior says while entering the passenger seat and Daniel entering the seat behind me and Andre. I shoot up in confusing causing my dizziness to enhance
Me: Wait what about Connor
*Silence*
Me: WHAT ABOUT CONNOR!