Chapter 26

As the night went on, the drama descended. Everyone seemed calm and enjoying themselves. I looked over at Junior who was talking to Connor, he looked like he was having a great time, but he also looked tense. He hid it well, not enough for Connor to realise. He also gave me dirty looks throughout the night. I don't blame him. Who wouldn't after what I did to him. I then glance over to Daniel who was mingling with everyone, he's still popular around these ends but I didn't expect to see him smile this much. He also gave me looks throughout the night, but not the rude type like what Junior was giving, but a more soft and welcoming look... Ahh I don't know how to explain it.
***
By this time it was about 9, so I didn't expect anyone else to show up. The door opened and a tall dark guy with cornrows enters the building. He was wearing all black which made him stand out to me since everyone was wearing bright colours. The guy was followed by two other tall built guys. They were standing by the door for at least 10 minutes searching the premises, as if in search for someone. He then stops and stares towards the stairs, so I turn my head to his direction to see that he was looking at Connor, Daniel and Junior who were together with a couple of girls, they looked petrified. The boys had a stare off until Connor and Daniel walked towards the door.
Who is that guy? I try to rush towards them but there was too many people to get past, so I went to Junior.
Me: Where are they going? Who is that? Why did they look so scared.
Junior: I-I-I don't know
We look towards the front door and they're gone. We looked around and no one noticed this like movie scene we encountered. André came running down the stairs while on the phone to someone.
André: Sorry sorry I was upstairs with my girl...where are you guys?... Round the corner?... Alright I'm on my way.
Me: ANDRÉ!
But it was too late, he was out the door.
Me: Something bad is going on, we gotta go
Junior: Alright
*Ding*
Junior received a text from someone, he looked down at his phone like it was a ghost.
Me: What's wrong? Lets go quick!
Junior then grabbed my arm
Me: What? We're wasting time!
Junior: You can't go Lexi.
Me: What? Why? The guys might be in trouble!
Junior: You just can't go okay!... Just stay here enjoy the party. Make sure no one suspects anything.
Me: No! I want-
Junior: Stay Lexi.
I watch him leave and pick up speed once he left the house. I look around to see if anyone was watching me but it was all clear, so I grab my cardigan and leave. By this time it's pitch dark and If the street lights weren't on, I'd think my eyes would be permanently shut.
I walk up the street and spot Junior on the phone crossing the road and about to walk through an alley way. The roads were completely empty. From the distance I was from Junior, I could hear his whole conversation.
Junior: Listen to me don't talk, I'm right by the alley, when I make the sign, you grab them and put them in the van okay... No they have no idea... They're not supposed to know or it'd look staged... What do you mean is anyone following me... I check ever 2 minutes.
I run behind a rubbish bin and Junior looked around him then resumed his conversation.
Junior: Happy I checked again, all clear... Look no one is following me okay... Alright I'm by the alley... Get ready... What do you mean what about Trey?...He won't be after you... He doesn't even know you're here... You won't see him, he only lets his boys see his face no one else... Yeah he's with them... His partner?... Ohh His partner is the same, he won't let anyone but his boys see him...OHH FOR GOD SAKE YOU WON'T BE KILLED!... He's moving? Okay I'm going in.
Junior walks through the alley with his hood up. I carefully cross the road and follow him threw the alley at a reasonable distance. When I reached the end of the alley I hid behind another bin and watched the action take place.
What is Junior doing? Is he setting the boys up? Is It because of me? Oh my God, it is because of me! He's going to torture Connor because I chose him over Junior. For fuck sake, why can't anyone be happy with who I date. Who was Junior talking to anyway? I look around to find a van but I see none in sight. I need to do something and quick. Junior beings to talk to some guy in a hoodie. When the guy turned around I realise it's the guy Connor and Daniel left with.
Junior: What up man.
???: You good breddrin?
They hug.
Junior: Where's the fuckers?
???: Locked up some where
Oh my God! He's talking about Connor and Daniel.
Junior: Good Good... Where's Trey?
Wait! Trey's behind this?
???: On his way my broda
Junior: Ite... Let me see the fuckers.
The guy with the hoddie goes behind a corner and two other guys come out dragging Connor and Daniel with them. Oh My God, they're tied up and it seems like duck tape is on they're mouths. They looked shocked when they saw Junior.
Junior: Daniel, I thought you was a good boy?... I guess I was wrong huh?
Junior cups Daniel's chin.
Junior: Ahh Cousin Cousin Cousin! What did you get yourself into now... Stealing from people wasn't your best move.
He says to Connor.
Fuck, he's talking about me, he thinks that Connor stole me from him
Junior: And moving down here as well thinking he wouldn't find you? You're not that slick.
Junior slaps Connor around the face and he falls face flat. I had an urge to run up there and punch Junior but I have no weapon to defend myself. I look around and see a metal rod. I grab it and waited for the right time to move in.
Junior: Get him up
One of the guys put Connor back on his knees.
???: Bro Trey's here.
They all turn to face a black figure moving towards them.
Fuck it's a whole gang.
Junior shakes hands with someone but I can't see his face. It's too dark
Junior: Trey you good
Oh God that's Trey. I moved around a bit to try and see his face, but it's covered by a black bandana, but clearly shuffling around was a bad idea considering that leaves make noise. The boys all turned to my direction
Trey: Who's there?
I kept quiet, it wasn't the right time.
They resumed their conversation.
Trey: Well Well Well, look who it is, it's Connor and Daniel, my two most loyal workers... Well used to be.
Trey bent down to their level.
Trey: Daniel, you're turning into you're brother you know, he was once in this position, about to lose his life, but then he turned a leaf and knew that leaving us was a bad idea. But then he decided to steal from us. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it?
I got into position
Trey: Get 'em
He says to his boys.
I clocked that Junior reached for a gun in his pocket.
I ran towards him.
Me: STOP!
*BANG*
Junior Fires in the air
Junior: Lexi?
Trey: Who's this bitch?
I held my metal rod as if it was a sword. My whole body was shaking.
Me: Junior why are you doing this? You know I love Connor, and you want to kill him. What the fuck did we talk about in the bed room.
Then suddenly a group of boys, in black, came running in and took Connor and Daniel and put them in a black van.
Trey: THE FUCKS GOING ON?
*BANG BANG* Gunshots
Junior: LEXI GET OUT OF HERE.
I was stunned, I couldn't move. I ran back to the alley.
Junior: LEXI NO!
Trey: GET THE GIRL!
I ran through the alley with the metal rod still in my hand. I turn around while running and see the Trey figure running after me. This time, the lights were on in the alley, so I could see his face. He was also dark skinned, brown eyes, had a scare under his left eye. His eyes were red with anger.
Then I bump into someone. I turn to see it's one of Trey's boys.
Me: I didn't hear anything I promise.
He grabbed the metal rod in my hand and hit me across the head.