Chapter 48

Last year was insane! From me flirting with Daniel in school then having sex with a stranger at the time, aka Junior, then getting pregnant (I think), falling for Connor, getting kidnapped, nearly dying, finding out Andre is Tamz, being locked inside a safe house, running away, falling for Simon, Simon getting killed by Connor, going back to school after all that, Andre being kidnapped and having a complicated relationship with Connor. I can safely say not many 16 year olds would experience not even one of the situations I've listed.

I'm 17 now turning 18 and finishing sixth form in a few months hopefully taking a gap year, Andre is still "Tamz" running that business of his. He moved out of mums house as he felt he's getting older and there's no space there. Mum thinks Andre got a job at some firm in Hackney, but that's just where his HQ is located. He got a girlfriend now, Sarah, she's pretty, I like her. She seems so genuine, kind and funny. She makes Andre happy but there's one thing... She doesn't know he's Tamz. I'll leave that with Andre to deal with it. Junior and Daniel still work for Andre, Junior quit being a footballer and is working for Andre full time. When Daniel finishes school he said he's going to go through the training process to be Andre's cleaner. I don't know why he wants to do that but hey! His life. Junior and Daniel also have girlfriends, Leah and Issy. Leah is sweet, innocent and generous, she knows what Junior does for a living and supports him in every way. On the other hand Issy rubs me up the wrong way, she looks like Moanna- which is not the issue obviously but, she just seems stuck up and acts like a brat, I don't know what he see's in her. My mum finally found a firm she really likes, Vixen law firm, she says she's having a great time there and even managed to find herself a boyfriend, Max, he's a cool chap. Courtney went off to uni meaning I can have her room. Megan is about to finish secondary and apparently has a boyfriend which is quite depressing since I don't have one. Last but not least Connor. Well the sad truth is Connor got promoted by Andre... Which is good for him! I mean, I am happy for him but, Andre wants to expand his business resulting to Connor moving to Manchester. Which is quite ironic but Andre wants our home town in on the business to. Recently, I just found out that he's missing. Rumours have it that Trey has him to draw Andre in. Other rumours say he stole money from Andre. I don't know which one I believe, but all I know is that Connor is missing. Andre basically has a SWAT there looking for him. He can't go to Manchester because he thinks that would leave an opening for Trey to grab me or the family and kill us... A sticky situation.

Monday morning of the Christmas half term. I woke up early for some reason maybe it's cause I slept early last night. I lay on my bed checking my phone and get a message from Priya. It reads
"Hey Girlie! I just landed in Dubai with Rebecca, I'll be sure to send pictures and present, have a great Christmas holiday love you! Xoxoxo"
Rebecca is Priya's girlfriend, they've been going on for like a year now, they're so cute.
*Ding Dong*
Errghh I'm too lazy to get the door so I remain in my bed
*Ding Dong*
Megan: Lexi could you get that
She shouts from downstairs
Great! What now? I walk down the stairs sluggishly and slowly. When I open the door the Delivery man smiled but looked annoyed that I took my time
Delivery man: A delivery for Alexi Ford?
Me: That's me
He hands me a small box then leaves
I don't remember ordering anything. I open the box and it's full of foam... Great. I dig through it and find an shattered old phone. What is this a joke? I examine it and realise it's an Iphone 4. I used to have one of these phones but this one is broken, smashed into pieces and bits are missing.
Me: What the fuck?
I whisper to myself
I check in the box again and there's the charger for it.
What is this? Some pretty little liar shit?
I run to my room with the stuff and sit on my bed. I should charge this right? I mean it makes sense. Without overthinking it I charge the phone next to my desk ignoring it for the day.

The next day came and I felt like a prisoner in my own house so I decided to go out.

Coming back from the park Megan runs up to me irritated.
Megan: You forgot your phone, it kept ringing all fucking day!
Me: What?
You could hear the confusion in my voice.
Me: Huh? My phone? My phone was with me the entire day.
I dig in my pocket for my phone and it is right where I left it
Megan: Well there's an Iphone 4 in your room ringing. I thought you got rid of that thing.
She then storms to her room slamming the door behind her.
Oh my God. The phone rang? What the fuck. I run up to my room closed the door and grabbed the phone. It was fully charged and about 25 missed calls from an unknown number. What!? Who's calling me?
I stare at it for a while and noticed the background. Roses! I giggled as I normally put flowers on my background.
*RING RING*
I jump as my Iphone 6 starts ringing. I check the caller ID and its Andre!
Me: Hello Andre
I say in the most sarcastic tone
Andre: What up little sis? How you been?
Me: Alright I guess, what about you?
Andre: Drowning in work to be honest. Me: You should take a day off
Andre: Not part of my contract I'm afraid
Me: Ohh come on at least just dinner.
Andre: No can do Sarah's busy all week
Me: Well have dinner with me tonight, we can catch up
Andre: Oohhh can't do tonight
Me: I can't do tomorrow I'm working all day. Wednesday?
Andre: No can do, I have training
Me: Thursday?
Andre: Hmmm I'm assessing the recruits
Me: *sigh* Friday?
Andre: Going out with the lads for my birthday
Ohh shit! Fuck! His birthday! I completely forgot! Fuck!
Me: Fine! Tomorrow night then
I groan annoyed that I have such a packed schedule.
Andre: And that's why I love you.
*DING*
The Iphone 4 vibrates as a message comes through.
Andre: What was that?
Me: N-nothing! I have to go, I'll see you tomorrow
Andre: WAIT! Lexi
Me: Yea
Andre: You'll tell me if you're in trouble won't you?
I hesitate for a moment
Me: O-of course, I really have to go bye!
I hang up and flop onto my bed.
My heart is racing what the fuck! Do I read the message? What am I doing? Of course I do. I walk over to the phone and slid to unlock. Who ever this phone belongs to could be my twin. The way the apps are arranged is how I would arrange them, rainbow order.
I open the message from an unknown with a shaking finger and read it.
"Hey"
What! That's it? Hey? That's all it said. This better not be Andre pranking me again! I bet it is! Ahhh it is him pranking me what the fuck! He always does that, that's why he asked that stupid question before he hung up. Well I'm not going to play to his games and not reply. I lock the phone and ignore it for the rest of the day.