Chapter 31

It's been a couple of days now staying in the safe house, we're all on good terms... Well except from me and Connor, we're still not talking. The house we're staying in is huge, 6 bedrooms, 5 and a half bathrooms, a cinema room, 2 living rooms, a dining room, 3 offices and a massive basement. Andre says he owns the house but hasn't really used it since he bought it. It's in such a deserted area, all you can see from the window is the luxury pool and the forest surrounding it. The house is really secured, guards everywhere and an extremely sensitive burglar alarm.
I'm chilling in my room on my bed... Well me and Connor's room since we have to share. Andre had this amazing idea, arrgghh he's so annoying, that as punishment for arguing too much he locked all the other bedrooms in the house, forcing us to sleep on the same bed, he thinks this will some how make us talk to each other. So far this isn't working and I doubt that it will.
Andre: Lexi you want food?
*shouts from downstairs*
Me: Nahh I'm good
Connor walks in the room and sits on the bed with me.
Me: What are you doing?
I said without taking my eyes off my phone
Connor: Our room Lexi, we share it remember.
I ignore him and continue looking through my phone.

After about a good half hour, Connor decides to speak
Connor: Lexi?
I stay silent
Connor: Lexi come on speak to me
He says while turning to his side facing me.
Connor: *sigh* I know you slept with Junior
My heart stops, I can't breath, my brain over loaded with thoughts, I can't think. What do I say? How does he know? Ahh shit! My hands are shaking with fear, I could barely move so I just sit there, facing my phone in silence.
Connor: I'm not mad Lexi, relax!
What? How's he not mad? How does he know I'm scared for my life right now? I tried so hard to hide it from my face.
Connor: Breath, I just want to know why?
I face him without any control, tears are forming in my eyes, I can't speak.
Me: I-I-I
Connor: Well?
Me: Because you didn't defend me Connor, you backed Daniel that day at the park. That's why I cheated on you, I needed to be away from you
Connor: Oh my gosh Lexi, really?
Me: I don't know why I held this grudge until now but now I know you can't be trusted
Connor: Lexi, what the fuck why?
Me: Keeping this fucking big secret that you're a drug dealer and not telling me Andre was one to
Connor: I did it to protect you, I did, I really did. When I haven't heard from you for days I started getting worried, I kept ringing up Andre to ask if you were alright. I didn't want to bombard your place cause I thought you needed time to calm down.
Me: I did. I still feel used tho
Connor: Used for what?
Me: I feel like you used me to make yourself feel normal, to "blend in"
Connor: Le-
Me: No it's true, so while you were with me you're telling me you didn't have that thought at all?
Connor: Well no... Ahh maybe... That's besides the point. That wasn't my initial reason for coming up to you at that kids party, I thought you was beautiful and gorgeous and was amazed that you was standing at the bar on your own.
Me: Connor stop with your bullshitting
Connor: Lexi it's true, I love you, so much I don't want anyone to have you or be with you... I found out you was pregnant with my cousin to
My heart stops again, I look down in shame.
Me: I'm sorry
Connor: Don't be, if anything I should be the one apologising
Me: What do you mean?
Connor: Because I gave you that pill.
Me: WHAT PILL?
I then remember, when I woke up, the day after the abduction, I took a pill placed on the bedside table and a note attached to it. I thought it was Andre because of his handwriting but it wasn't, it was.....Connor?
Me: You gave me painkillers?
You could hear the confusion in my voice.
Connor looked down in shame, then looked at me
Connor: They're abortion pills Lexi.