Chapter 4

Days went past with me avoiding bumping into Daniel at all cost. When I see him come on the bus I hide at the back. When I see him at school I make a U-turn and find a different route to class. When we're in the same class, I'm the first one out. I'm not ready to face him, especially with the way I left things.

It was last period on a Friday, I had maths, yet again I'm the first one in the class so I sit on my normal seat, at the back of the class. I sit there watching everyone walking in, going to their seat and getting ready for the lesson to commence. When Daniel came in my first reaction was to go under the table and hide.
Priya: What the fuck are you doing Lexi?
Me: Uhhh...Ummmm... I-I-I-I'm looking for my calculator in my bag.
Priya: Your calculator is on the table
Me: Ohh yeah.. Thanks
I could feel the blood rushing to my face, I sit back on my chair and face Priya.
Priya: Who are you hiding from?
Me: Uhh no one.. Really
She looks around the room
Priya: Come on, you can tell me... It's not like I have anyone to tell... Well except from my cat but I assure you he won't tell anyone
I giggle
Me: It's a long story, I'll tell you after school okay
Priya nods
Mr Jackson was teaching about completing the square...ahh easy, I did this in my old school but I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying, I had my eyes fixed on the back of Daniel's head, he was sitting at the front of the class, God he's even beautiful from the back. I stare at him like a typical high school girl, with my hand on my chin and my elbow on the table just staring at him. Why does he have to have a girlfriend?? Ahh it's all my fault anyways, why did I convince myself for one damn second that there could be a possibility that Daniel could like me... It's so absurd to even think about, I mean Daniel is this good looking guy... Good looking? Who am I kidding? He's gorgeous, he could have any girl in the school, why would he want me?
Mr Jackson: LEXI!!!!
Mr Jackson acknowledges that I'm not paying attention as I'm not looking at the board.
Me: Y-y-yes *clears throat*
Suddenly everyone turns around to look at me, even Daniel
Mr Jackson: What is (3y+2)(4y+3)
Expansion? I thought we were doing completing the square. I look at Priya and she's looking at her book so I decide to answer it in my head
Mr Jackson: Well...?
Me: Ummm... 12y squared+ 17y+6
My voice is almost inaudible
Mr Jackson: What did you say?...Speak up
Me: 12y squared+ 17y+6
I said louder
Mr Jackson put his glasses on and checked his book, while the whole class is still staring at me, except from Daniel this time.
Mr Jackson: You're correct Lexi. Well done
When he said that my heart rate went back to normal and I could breath again
Priya: *whispers* How did you do that? I couldn't even do that!
I gave a shy smile and continued listening to Mr Jackson till the end of the lesson.
*Ring Ring Ring*
Mr Jackson: End of the school day, have a nice weekend and well done Lexi for answering the toughest question today, you'll fit right in.
Priya: Ohhh you're his favourite student now, he never gives anyone praise like that
Me: *giggle* shut up...lets go
Me and Priya were walking around the school building and I told her everything that happened on Monday with me and Daniel.
Priya: Ohh Moanna and Daniel are always on and off don't worry about it... ohhh and stay away from Moanna she's...
???: LEXI!!!
Priya: Who's calling you?
Me: Ignore it, it's probably my brother André
???: LEXI!!!
I turn around and it's Daniel running up to us.