Chapter 9

Ahh Monday morning. The few hours that everyone hates. I enter the school buildings with a spring in my step, smiling at everyone and ignoring the negative energy around me. First period was history. As I enter the class room, I acknowledge an overwhelming wave of dirty looks from girls in my class. I can't help but wonder. Did I do something wrong? I pretend to ignore it and take a seat on my desk. A girl on my desk deliberately pushes me as she passes.
Me: Hey! What was that for?
???: I'm sorry? What did you say slut?
Laughter from the class began
Me: S-slut? I'm not a slut!
My voice almost inaudible
???: Aha that's not what Daniel said.
And she left with a huge smirk on her face. Is Daniel spreading rumours about me? That I slept with him?
Lunch time came, and I had to find Daniel to find what's going on. 10 minutes after trying I gave up and sat on one of the benches near the football pitches.
???: Are you okay?
I look up to see it's Priya
Me: Ohh hey Priya... No, I'm not okay
Priya: What's wrong?
Me: I think Daniel's spreading rumours about me
Priya: Ohh yeah, I was meaning to ask you, did you really sleep with him?
Me: Noo of course not, he told me yesterday.
Priya: He told you that you guys did have sex?
Me: I know it sounds crazy, but I had too much to drink on Saturday and I couldn't remember anything. He just put me to sleep
Priya: Ohh I believe you now
Me: You do?
I look up to her with too much hope in my voice
Priya: Of course, if you say you didn't then you didn't, besides you're my only friend here
We both giggle and I proceeded to update her about Saturday's party.
The end of the school day came and I rushed to stand outside the school gate to wait for Daniel. As people walked past they began whispering, I knew exactly what they were talking about.
Me: I DIDN't SLEEP WITH HIM!!!
I screamed at the top of my lungs, but they continued to walk past and stare as if I was a hobo.
An hour and a half went past until Daniel finally showed up with his group of friends.
Daniel: Lexi! Hey!
I didn't care, I was furious. I grabbed him by the collar and dragged him round the corner.
Daniel: What the fuck! Lexi stop!
Me: Why the fuck would you do that to me?
Daniel: Do what to you?
Me: Make my life at school a living hell! Do you hate me? Huh? Is that it? Did someone put you up to this? To make me look like a fucking fool!
Daniel: Slow down! What are you on about?
He tried grabbing my hands
Me: DON'T!!... touch me
Daniel: Okay... But calm down
Me: You're spreading rumours about me!
Daniel: What rumours?
Me: That I allegedly had sex with you! Which you know isn't true!
Daniel looked at the ground and didn't make eye contact with me. So it is true!
Me: You did do it didn't you? I honestly hoped that it wasn't, I hoped that it was a joke by one of your boys.
I could barely speak through my cracking voice. So I ran home, crying to myself. Thinking to myself how much of a dick I am for trusting him.